• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'd bet you see it a lot sooner than that, unless there's a hiccup in sorting you out from a nefarious villain. The standard time they give is 60 days so they're not inundated with phone calls asking for status updates. ISP has 90 days to issue or deny. The huge backlog was last Autumn, before the election, along with a big run on firearms and ammunition purchases. I can't imagine another one.

The Beretta 418 .25 ACP:
    James Bond's original pistol, until M took it away because he was almost killed for lack of firepower, and gave him a 7.65mm (.32 ACP) Walther PPK which was immensely better but still weak-kneed by current standards. When Ian Flemming wrote the novels, the .32 ACP was among the most popular and widely used pistol calibers in Europe, including some military and especially law enforcement. The .25 ACP is becoming an obscure caliber overshadowed by .22LR rimfire. You might be able to find a .25 ACP at a decent price, but the cost of the ammunition I've found in that caliber is higher than .380 ACP or 9mm.

Hoping your CAT scan shows it's nothing serious.

John

1. I thought Bond used a .380 Walther.
    2. I got the cat scan as soon as I got back in town yesterday.
    s3. The ER doc said it was actually good new.
    4. It was only a "3" and not a "5" or worse, yet bigger.
    5. He thought that with the meds to enlarge the ureter that the stone would move through.
    6. It's not made it to the bladder yet, so maybe the fun begins after the bladder. :dunno:
    7. It's hard to get any sympathy b/c most everyone my age has already paid their dues. :rolleyes:
    8. It's like a colonoscopy, everyone just chuckles in acknowledgment.
    9. But, with stones, people are a little more sympathetic b/c you have a 50% chance of getting another one after your 1st one. :crying:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Both of us here have dealt with kidney stones for a while now. I've had 3 so far, all the same result. Went to the doctor for the first one because I had no idea what was going on. Once the second one hit I decided I didn't need another huge bill like I got smacked with the first time. I'd only go if I felt something that seemed out of the ordinary from the first time. By the time #3 hit I knew exactly what to expect. I canceled everything I had scheduled for the next week, asked my wife to bring home a case of chicken & rice soup, brought out the 5 gallon buckets and paper towels, then lived in the chair for the next 4 days. I can't even lay down to go to bed.

My wife has had 2, but her's are worse. Her's have both been 8mm and she had to have surgery to remove it, both times.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Both of us here have dealt with kidney stones for a while now. I've had 3 so far, all the same result. Went to the doctor for the first one because I had no idea what was going on. Once the second one hit I decided I didn't need another huge bill like I got smacked with the first time. I'd only go if I felt something that seemed out of the ordinary from the first time. By the time #3 hit I knew exactly what to expect. I canceled everything I had scheduled for the next week, asked my wife to bring home a case of chicken & rice soup, brought out the 5 gallon buckets and paper towels, then lived in the chair for the next 4 days. I can't even lay down to go to bed.

My wife has had 2, but her's are worse. Her's have both been 8mm and she had to have surgery to remove it, both times.

1. Oh no! The Dr. talked of a guy who had a 9mm, so I was glad mine was a 3.
    2. Sounds like you are living the statistical dream of once you get one: here they come!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Finally went through some acute pain last night late, and reached for the 15mg morphine tablets.
    2. It did its job and w/i 30 minutes I went from acute pain, to subsiding pain to reduced pain to where I could fall asleep in my chair (bed not working for me).
    3. By Sunday am I had only an ache and didn't take another pain pill.
    4. I sure would like to get this over, I have to go out of town for my son's wedding next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
    5. I didn't go with the wife to church this am (The Creek: Indian Creek Christian Church), which is a rarity. If I would have known that I wouldn't have a reoccurrence, I would have gone, but I was skittish about leaving the house. :(

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Went down to the City County Bldg. this am, which has to addresses: 200 E Washington and 30 N Pennsylvania, very confusing to my GPS.
    2. Since I was just paying my local $50 (in cash, credit an option), they just verified my prints and I was in and out quickly.
    3. Now I wait.

On the subject of the kidney stone: no progress on Sunday.
    Monday, pain level went up from 1 to 3, then 4, then went away again.
    I mowed grass for about :45, hoping to jar something loose.
    I really would like to have this resolved before I go out of town Friday for 3 days for my son's wedding.

Flagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    N/A
    When you're at the final stage (going to local PD to pay final payment / etc.), be sure to call ahead to see what form of payment they accept. Downtown Indy accepts cash. When I got my first license (10 years and many moves ago), my then local department only accepted money orders.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When you're at the final stage (going to local PD to pay final payment / etc.), be sure to call ahead to see what form of payment they accept. Downtown Indy accepts cash. When I got my first license (10 years and many moves ago), my then local department only accepted money orders.

1. I did exactly that and was surprised that they took cash and I think even checks, but when I heard "cash" I quit listening, ha!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Got gun permit in 8 days! (6 business days) (T.6.27.2017)
    I couldn't believe it.

Went last Monday to the City County Bldg. (M.6.19.2017)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom