• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboywitek

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Noblesville IN
    hey everyone... I'm gonna ask the same question that most people do and that is how to acquire a conceal carry permit?... I'm in Hamilton co. and would like a step by step processes of how to get one or maybe somebody who's done in Hamilton co. but anyway I would appreciate the help. another question is, are their different types of permits i.e open carry permit conceal carry permit, etc... thanks for your input!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The only thing I didn't see covered in the FAQ is where you go if you're not in a city.

If you're in a city or town, you'll need to go to the police dept.

If you're not, go to the county sheriff's dept.

Best to call first and make sure. They'll also tell you exactly what you need to bring with you. At least they did last time I called them (5 or 6 years ago.)

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

Hamilton's painless. Go to the jail, fill out the paperwork, get fingerprinted, pay the county fee, they give you the fingerprints and application and the envelope to send it to ISP. Add state money and postage then sit back and wait.

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hey Cowboy,

I'm in the Noblesville area to!

Are you in the city limits, or simply in county limits? If you are withing city limits, you will need to go to the Noblesville police department. But the good news is that its a very easy process.

Also, feel free to call the records department before you go. They will gladly tell you of all the necessary documentation that is needed.

Top Bottom