• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    A response in one of my posts led me to a question. I had a grandfather that was a Marine and served in WW2 and my uncle was in the Army during the Vietnam era. My uncle passed away before I was even born of lukemia and I guess my grandfather didnt talk much about it. All I know about my grandfather was basically what I just said and he lost his best friend during battle somewhere and had shrapnel from a grenade in his side for many years and never reported it, I'm guessing he kept on fighting and never mentioned it.

My uncle I think was stationed in Alaska maybe??? Im not for sure all I know is he was in the Army.

Is there anywhere or anyplace I can get in contact with to get a history or where they were stationed and what they did? It's a great honor to me knowing that they served proudly and Im kinda in the dark on what they did.

What has really puzzled me for years is I remember when I was little seeing photos my family found of my grandfathers from the war. I remember seeing a picture of the flag being raised on Iwo Jima and one of troops holding a bloody Japanese flag of maybe a base they took??? I have no clue but Im curious.

Top Bottom