• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I actually meant a screen shot of the INGO page that generated the flag, not the flag itself. They'll need to see whatever banner ad or embedded photo or whatever is causing it.

It has taken me directly to the flag every time I've come to INGO this morning.

Update: Brownell's and Sinclair on the top and down the left side, respectively, were the ads displayed the last two times I logged on and got the flag.

Update 2: I got the malware alert going from one page to the next on the status update thread, Brownell's was the only ad on the page and was displayed across the top. Oops, three speed holster was also in top right corner.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Malware Warnings from Chrome

Keep getting this on INGO today:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
    Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on ingunowners.com.
    Content from cm.netseer.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your Mac with malware.
    Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    I am getting the warning too. Not on every click but on some. I can see the brownells add and Atlanta conservation club above and UPromise below so it probably isn't one of those triggering the warning.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    INGO has no malware. It's slightly possible that one of the rotating banner ads includes some code that is throwing a false positive, but it's much more likely that your computer is infected with something. However, in order to determine that, you need to provide much more detailed information. Preferably a URL and/or a screen shot of the page being displayed when you got the alert.

It's one of the ad rotators...

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Malware warnings for me as well. Just started today. Using Chrome. Must be an add as it doesn't do it every time. Just every once in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom