Apr 1, 2011
    IphDUUg.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When I was a kid one of my friends had a pet coon. He lived on a farm. I've seen some big coons but nothing like his. That thing got so fat - it weighed right at 50 pounds according to his bathroom scale. It could just barely waddle around slowly. I couldn't imagine a wild one weighing that much.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Any luck, Caleb? I've been locked in a war with a raccoon in my roof for over two months. Damn thing escapes my traps, so I'm going to buy one of those leg lock traps. I can tell you for a fact that you can get away with loosing a few .22s without arousing suspicion. I live practically next door to my police department and the former county sherriff's house, and nobody even drove around. I'm also investing in some CCI Quiet. 22 ammo so I don't have to worry again.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    had a rabid coon take 5 x 22lr’s to the head.

just use a 9mm or honesty man up grab a hose and drop a 45 on him.

Little peanut butter on the end of a pellet gun bbl and he'll do most of the aiming for you. Long soak is the quietest way if you have access to a bbl, pond or stock tank. Give 'em an extra couple minutes after the bubbles stop. They are a destructive nuisance and eat my bluebird babies. Make good coyote bait.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    had a rabid coon take 5 x 22lr’s to the head.

just use a 9mm or honesty man up grab a hose and drop a 45 on him.

People dispatch fully grown hogs and cattle with .22 shorts, a 9mm is hardly necessary for a coon. If it takes more than one .22 LR to kill a coon, the problem is one of shot placement not caliber selection.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ok guys, I think I have a raccoon that made a home out of my crawl space...I've known for a while that I have a creature digging a hole under my foundation walls, but literally an hour ago, I saw the biggest raccoon walking down the alley alongside my house. Columbus Animal Control won't deal with wild animals anymore and they only gave me numbers to a couple people that charge who knows how much to get rid of a wild pest...any suggestions how I can get rid of them myself before being forced to pay for a service?

Kept trying to catch a kitty that had gotten out and kept trapping raccoons. Finally took them out to a forest (not supposed to do that) so I could trap the kitty. Trapped two raccoons, one old and one young. Other than that I leave them alone.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Any luck, Caleb? I've been locked in a war with a raccoon in my roof for over two months. Damn thing escapes my traps, so I'm going to buy one of those leg lock traps. I can tell you for a fact that you can get away with loosing a few .22s without arousing suspicion. I live practically next door to my police department and the former county sherriff's house, and nobody even drove around. I'm also investing in some CCI Quiet. 22 ammo so I don't have to worry again.

Not yet...but the moment I catch the pest, I got a crossbow bolt with his name on it...

Top Bottom