• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highcottonguide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Thanks to some direction from HuntMeister and others, I decided to get into reloading. I picked up the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit today along with a tumbler/cleaner (on clearance), a few other manuals and one die set for under $400 (with $50 rebate yet to come). I've been a Bass Pro member for years, but they would not match Cabela's price. I'm sure I'll be getting feedback here as I learn more about reloading.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I started with a RockChucker kit 25 years ago. It's mounted to the 4th different bench in that time and still loading excellent ammunition. I'm sure yours will serve you very well. When you have the inevitable questions, just let us know. ;)

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    My RockChucker Upgrade...

On my 40 year old RockChucker the only upgrade that I have done is the mounting bolts.

I replaced the standard hex head bolts with stove bolts, or bumper bolts. These bolts have a domed top rather than a hex..To me looks better-more streamlined.

The underside of these bolts are squared and may require some trimming (grinding) to fit the slots of the RockChucker, but mine look better with them on the press.

My RockChucker just gets smoother every year, or every additional thousand rounds, if you will...Bill.

Oh, and WELCOME TO INGO....

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Welcome to INGO and to the wonderful world of reloading!
    This reloading board is populated with some very knowledgeable and helpful folks.
    Post up some photos of your setup when you get it all arranged...

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Had a Rockchucker for almost 40 years...you will always be adding you your collection of handy gadgets..I just bought a chronograph after all this time. You really save money on the bigger caliber stuff...like .454 Casull, .458 SOCOM and all the Weatherby cartridges. You can load the 'premium' bullets much cheaper than the big companies sell it for. It is a fun and entertaining hobby.

Top Bottom