• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Get custom work, because confident in the artist you chose, don't be afraid to walk away if you're unhappy with the cleanliness or quality of work. Also, tips are nice. I'll politely disagree with the person above me... Don't take the iPod. Practice the dying art of conversation. Tattoo artists have pretty good stories to tell.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I know very little regarding tattoos and can't offer any useful information, but wish you the best in your adventure tomorrow.

luckee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    NWI
    When I got my first tattoo all I keep hearing in my head was the kid from the movie The Sandlot saying "Forever".

It's probably a good idea that you don't eat for a few hours before hand. There is something about the annoying pain of a tattoo that makes people want to yak.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ryan Hadley he is doing it i have talked with ryan for a while very nice guy and confident from both what ive seen and what ive been told. i dont have headphones so the ipod couldnt happen anyways

Cool. Hope it is everything you want it to be. I waited 30 years to get just what I wanted and it was worth it. Hydration is very important, but you know that already. I agree with no iPod. I talked with Brandee for just over three hours while she did mine. I even brought my wife and we all gabbed. Get the a/d ointment now and when you have Ink all over whatever you wear on Saturday it's ok, it isn't coming off! It's normal!!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I would also break up those sessions in smaller blocks of time. Healing factors are important for having a good quality tattoo. Give your body time to heal. Seven hours is a long time for one session.

This is my opinion as well. Seriously, three hours is a long time when you are getting ink and your body will need time to adjust. If it is your first time I HIGHLY recommend getting it broken into two sessions so your body can heal and you can handle it. Now, if I were getting a seven hour session(not happening) I would also take something to eat with me like a couple energy bars or protein bars and something to drink. You will want it and it may help keep you from passing out which is possible in a really long session. I know I get pale and kind of clammy but it just happens to me and I know it and that is only after a couple hours.

As far as the shop and artist goes you want to make sure the place is clean and professional. ALWAYS, have them open the needles in front of you and fill the ink so you can see it. If they won't do that then find someone else to do it and don't think twice about it. Also, I like to make sure their table or chair is clean as well as the gun and hose is covered. This may not sound like much but if their cord on the gun isn't covered by a plastic liner and you are getting a larger piece done then cross contamination is possible and something I will not risk. This is all basic stuff but for your first time it may not be something you will think about.

Edited to add....LEAVE THE IPOD AT HOME

Again, as theweakerbrother said before....seriously see about getting the sessions broken up. Another major downside on something taking that long is your skin will get so beat up that you will not take the ink well and they have to over penetrate or overload you with ink which could easily ruin the piece and make it far more painful. Good luck as they are addictive!!

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    Cool. Hope it is everything you want it to be. I waited 30 years to get just what I wanted and it was worth it. Hydration is very important, but you know that already. I agree with no iPod. I talked with Brandee for just over three hours while she did mine. I even brought my wife and we all gabbed. Get the a/d ointment now and when you have Ink all over whatever you wear on Saturday it's ok, it isn't coming off! It's normal!!

seen plenty of guys get theirs and have the ink everywhere, im not sure where to get the a/d ointment i was gonna ask ryan where to get it

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    When I got my first tattoo all I keep hearing in my head was the kid from the movie The Sandlot saying "Forever".

It's probably a good idea that you don't eat for a few hours before hand. There is something about the annoying pain of a tattoo that makes people want to yak.

Not a good idea...that could actually cause you some issues with wanting to throw up or getting light headed from my experience.

Top Bottom