• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am feeling the urge for another knife and am looking hard at the Ratmandu CG and for a smaller knife I am looking at the Rodent Solution. I have an ESEE 4 and like it a lot and am leaning toward making it a EDC but that Solution is sexy. What kind of opinions do you all have about the Ratmandu and the Rodent Solution? Any pros and cons? What about the Rodent Solution as a EDC knife?

All opinions are appreciated.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I love the rodent solution. Great Edc blade. Handle is comfy. I dig the satin custom shop versions. Mike at the busse has one at the 1500 right now.

The ratmandu is also a very nice blade but to big for edc.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    Both are great knives. The Rodent Solution is a good size for EDC. As Grunt mentioned, the RMD is a bit big for EDC, but for general use, it is a very practical size. RMD's are some of my favorite knives.

You really can't go wrong with either one. It just depends on what you intend to use it for.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    The Rodent Solution is pretty much perfect for edc. Feels so comfy in the hand.

If you are comfortable carrying a Esee 4 as an edc than the RMD is another great choice. It's a little too big to edc for my liking though.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I saw "Busse" in the title and got excited, but this thread is about Swamp Rats :(

:D;):):

The Rodent Solutions are cool, my favorite ones have been the small batches they've done that are stain with tan canvas, when they're factory satin they are very sweet looking and feeling

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I love the rodent solution. Great Edc blade. Handle is comfy. I dig the satin custom shop versions. Mike at the busse has one at the 1500 right now.

The ratmandu is also a very nice blade but to big for edc.

WTH? I carry a Busse SFNOLE as an EDC!:dunno:

For the non Busse folk thats a Special Forces Natural Outlaw Limited Edition. Not a small knife, 7" blade, just right though!:twocents: LOL

SFNOLE.jpg

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Had a great time at the show. There was a double cut Tank Buster there that would have beed a good EDC as well as a Boss Jack that was nice and shiny.

Bob

Top Bottom