• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks INGO for introducing me to Appleseed.

I am slotted to attend the Nashville, IN Appleseed on May 19. I am really looking forward to it. I have been gathering up the things that I will need for a good day of shooting.

The one thing that I had a hard time finding was a shooting jacket. I looked all over for about 2 weeks and couldn't find any surplus jackets except size Medium. I found mention on another forum of a person named Mary who makes USMC style jackets to order. She hand makes each jacket (in the USA) after receipt of payment. She charges $85 plus (up to size 2XL) shipping plus 1/2 of PayPal fees (3%). I paid $98 via Paypal on 27 April and my jacket arrived on 4 May 2012. Mary even emailed me to ask my sleeve length from shoulder to wrist so she could get the length just right. Here is where to find Made By MCRON http://sites.google.com/site/madebymcron/jackets

Front View:
    Jacket.jpg

Rear View:
    Jacket2.jpg

It took me a bit of online and offline searching to come up with this jacket. It fits great and there is still plenty of room in the back for all positions of shooting. A good used jacket would probably be $50 or more at a surplus store. I think this jacket is a good value and will last me for many years.

Other colors and fabrics available too.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    Looks good, don't have one of those personally but I know a few others that have gotten jackets from that site and are quite happy with them. Have fun at Nashville, I'm sure that jacket will look slightly better once a Rifleman patch is added to it.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Looks good, don't have one of those personally but I know a few others that have gotten jackets from that site and are quite happy with them. Have fun at Nashville, I'm sure that jacket will look slightly better once a Rifleman patch is added to it.
    Yeah, I would like to earn my patch but I will be happy to just have a good day and learn some new things.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Yeah, I would like to earn my patch but I will be happy to just have a good day and learn some new things.

I believe my wife and I will be at the nashville shoot. anytime my buddy mudcat is instructing I like to be there :) some say he is a national treasure! I look forward to seeing you there and no worries you will have a blast and hear some great history.

great jacket btw.

Top Bottom