• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    My BOB bag has been set up for years now. But I obviously do not carry on my person on a daily basis. What I am considering is a GHB that I can carry with little effort that gives me a "grey" look. I am thinking along the lines of a messenger style bag or possibly an old school style gym bag. Something that will not look like a military backpack. One that I can use to simply get home if the SHTF on a local basis. I am normally only 15-20 miles away from home at any given time, so it does not need to sustain me for days at a time. Maybe 1 overnight at most. I would also welcome comments as to what contents it should contain. Remember, I will be wearing it daily, so need to keep the weight down.

Looking forward to your ideas, particularly from those of you who are already using such a bag.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    A school style backpack makes a good GHB and blends in well. I'm not keen on carrying an over the shoulder bag for extended lengths.
    Remember the rule of 3...so maybe some kind of air filtration mask...life straw, energy bars, maybe an MRE.....if your planning on walking through suburban areas a small handgun....rural areas may require you to have the ability to reach out further. Rain gear, head gear, extra sox, gloves.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Regarding contents, in my daily carry (pre-pandemic when I traveled frequently) work briefcase I included a USB battery charger, head lamp, flashlight, baby wipes, hand sanitizer and a small first aid kit. It was surprising how much I used those items on a day to day basis. Seasonally you may add hand warmers. If you wear dress / business clothes and shoes when out, you may have a change of attire and certainly better shoes fairly available if possible. Sucks to walk 10 miles in dress shoes.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Worst case scenario, you’re about a 5-7 hour walk from home. What sort of environment would that walk take place in? Urban? Rural? I wouldn’t worry about overnight stuff in that situation. Headlamp, poncho, water, snacks, phone charger, cash, a change of socks maybe? I think I’d keep this pretty simple since you won’t be too far from home. Only what you would need to keep walking at any time of day/night.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    It seems GHB has been mentioned before and I do believe that Gamma Hydroxy Buterine was made extremely hard to get. I heard it works well for bodybuilders but blind dates tend to not care for it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    One thing not mentioned was a map and compass. If cell towers were out of service or your phone was damaged, those could be important. Depending on how well you know the area though, this might not be relevant to you

Top Bottom