• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh, it's there alright, but ghost lowers don't show up in pictures or on those airport x-ray machines.

It's what makes them so dangerous!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I looked at the photo of the "Ghost Gun" and it was so scary I almost died...laughing. I know enough about firearms, and mechanical things, and am trying to figure out where you install the magazine in that, or is it a single shot? But, but, but...Just when you thought you have seen stupidity at it's greatest, this comes along.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Talk about a minimal, uninformative article.
    It's like the author was paying by the word.
    No info what so ever.

That is by design. They couldn't gin up enough fear in the public over 80% lowers, so now they try and claim parts kits can be used to create untraceable guns with no serial numbers, despite the fact that one still needs a lower to create an actual firearm. :runaway:

Remember, this is NY Daily News we're talking about.

hyj7qjuqasuy774e7ghyheagsypey0vjpudjgnaaii63h9ekk4aglzbri8afc3aa.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Oh, it's there alright, but ghost lowers don't show up in pictures or on those airport x-ray machines.

It's what makes them so dangerous!
    I thought Vampire Guns couldn't be seen in pix or mirrors... :scratch:

I wonder how many of these posts of late or ever have been Antigun trolls looking to point out how we scary gun people want untraceable firearms and also how we make full auto guns all the timei n our basements so we can shoot police people. :rolleyes:

Guess it could also be a BATFE person looking =who might hit the link so they can put them on a list.... :nailbite:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    On a more serious note, I've always wondered about the rationale regarding making the lower receiver/receiver the serialized part.

Does anyone know why they took that route as opposed to making it the barrel?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    On a more serious note, I've always wondered about the rationale regarding making the lower receiver/receiver the serialized part.

Does anyone know why they took that route as opposed to making it the barrel?

It's the statute, Tombs.

Federal law defines firearm as the frame of the weapon. 18 USC §921(3).

(3)The term “firearm” means (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Wow, real informative...:rolleyes:

Something funny to add, I just received a "ghost gun" kit almost identical to that, tonight.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's the statute, Tombs.

Federal law defines firearm as the frame of the weapon. 18 USC §921(3).

(3)The term “firearm” means (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon; (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

So I guess it's arbitrary reasoning.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Barrel is a wear item, receiver generally isn't. At least that's why it makes sense to me. No idea what they were thinking.

If we think about, the receiver is what every other major part of the firearm is attached to. It naturally assumes the position as the "heart" of the weapon.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    :rolleyes:
    Del-ton has been selling kits since the late 90s. I'm sure there are examples with more history.
    Must not have been newsworthy almost 20 years ago, but now it is?
    I'd like to see that scary kit assembled. Tucking the buffer and spring in the buffer tube and putting the CH and BCG in the upper would make it even scarier! :runaway:

Top Bottom