• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugoutbob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Bend
    Can anyone point me to a South Bend area gunsmith that sells and installs the Ghost Rocket Trigger? I want to upgrade my Glock 26 but am not sure I am up to the task myself. :):

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You're up to it. Seriously. If you can clean it, you can install that connector. Now whether it's a good idea... That's a different question that I'll stay out of.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    You have to do a little filing on the Rocket but it looks pretty simple. There are a couple good videos on youtube.

squareframe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    I've installed several of these on my own Glocks and for friends. It's not a hard install, but it does require some patience and test fitting. If you plan to do it yourself I'd recommend that you purchase the kit or at least the orange rear slide plate that they sell as it is cut away allowing you to release the striker and therefore remove the slide during fitting. This is needed when you have not filed enough material off of the trigger bar stop tab. When this happens you can't release the striker via the trigger itself and the slide becomes captive so you need that cut away to manually release the striker.

I'd also recommend that you consider when filing the trigger bar stop tab that you do so at a slight angle as described on the Ghost website under the Dave Spaulding cut section. I did this on accident once and was impressed in the reduction in the length for trigger reset. That said it was on a 17 that is used only for competition and not daily carry. In the end, if you aren't satisfied with how it turned out, Ghost will replace the connector for you so you can try again. They're a decent company to work with in my experience.

Last but not least, train with it once its done.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Its an easy fit. They are all over sized so that you can set the over travel nearly perfect, if you are worried about that, jsut order the ultimate kit instead, its a drop in, wont take out the over travel, but is otherwise a very nice, lighter trigger.
    Also, you do not need the orange cutaway plate, if you dont take off enough of the connector tab the first time for the gun to fires, you can just hold the slide open, depress the firing pin there, and remove the cover plate for disassembly.
    I am a fan of the rocket trigger kit, makes for a very nice, cheap trigger system. They are a easy install, you can do it yourself, but like I said, if you dont want to do any fitting, just but the ultimate trigger kit instead from them, exact same thing, no over travel tab/fitting.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I've done numerous installs on the Rocket 3.5 for customers. Generally I end up removing .040 to .060 from the over travel tab.. If you are very familiar with a Glock it's not difficult, just takes time and patience to get it right. If you aren't really familiar with one I would have someone else do it.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Top Bottom