• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I think they are real, simply from my own experience of observing a padlock violently flip up and then down.

Then all the lights shutting out outside, and flickering nonsense.

No wasnt smoking, and no it wasnt a prank. The building was haunted according to legend.

But hey I also believe in Aliens, but that is mainly from ancient sighting which make undisputable, Aliens were here, and infact, we might be the end result.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Back when I was in law enforcement we had a 911 call come in from a condominium. No caller on the line though, just the call. Two of us arrived about the same time in front of the condo. As we were approaching the front door a light turned off in an upstairs room. We knocked, got no answer and the dispatcher said that the caller hung up without saying a word. I stayed out front and the other guy went around back. Meanwhile one of the residents showed up. She says her roommates are all gone for the weekend and she has been across the street at a party all evening. The security guy from the complex who was an off duty lieutenant and some of the people from the party gathered outside.

Meanwhile a second 911 call comes in on a differenet number that comes back to the same address. Still no one on the line, just a call. The resident confirms that they have two different lines in their home and gives us permission to search since there shouldn't be anyone inside. That call also hung up with no speech. A few more guys arrived and she gave us her key to the front door.

We searched the whole condo and did not find anyone. We even checked the attic and crawspace and found no evidence that anyone had been inside. In the room where the light went out we found that the bulb was burned out. The room had been tossed as if by a burglar but nothing was taken. A sink in an adjoining bathroom was filled to the brim with what smelled like vomit.

We never did figure that one out.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Ive seen some weird things. I worked security at a factory up in Castleton for a few years. I worked overnight, 10pm-10am and was the only person in the building 90% of the time. I saw and heard some things I couldnt explain.

When I got hired I was told the girl who worked that shift before me quit and one of the daytime guards told me its because she swore the place was haunted. It didnt really bother me that much.

Also one time I was sitting in a chair in my backyard in the alley real late one night, lived south of East 10th Street west of Sherman Drive, I was about 16. I swear to this day I looked down and saw a man walk down the alley and vanish into thin air. Was it my mind playing tricks on me? Probably, but who knows. And no I wasnt drunk or on drugs!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    When Mr.Jet worked 2nd shift, MiniJet and I had fallen asleep on the couch watching TV.
    Something woke me and I thought I saw a man walk across the living room and sit in a chair. Thinking it was the spousal unit, I turned to look at the chair...no one there.
    Figured I dreamed it...then MiniJet sat up, looked at the chair, and said, "Where'd daddy go?"
    THAT gave me the heebie jeebies a little bit!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I_want_to_believe.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    To believe or not to believe....discuss
    My wife is way into this stuff. I think she listens to too much Coast-to-Coast. I find this stuff fascinating. More for wanting to understand than to believe. Ghosts? I dunno.... More to this world than we understand? Sure.

anyone ever had something happen or see something late at night you just couldn't explain?
    Sure. I'm more of an empirical kinda guy, so I don't jump straight to ghosts and goblins to explain what I don't understand.

I do love all the stories, though! Keep them coming!
    images

bmmonts76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Indy
    I did have one incident I cannot explain. I was on medication at the time (muscle relaxer) for an injury, but to my knowledge this medicine shouldn’t make you hallucinate. I was lying in bed about to go to sleep and all of a sudden I had this strange sensation come over me. The sensation is very difficult to describe, but it is not a bad sensation. A short while after the sensation began I looked to the side of the bed and there was a silhouette of a very large man standing right beside me. I rolled over to my fiancé and said “I think I’m hallucinating”. Then fall asleep. The first thing the next morning I asked her if I said something about my hallucination to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. She confirmed that I had in fact told her that. That was the last and only time I took that muscle relaxer, but I have since had that same sensation come over me while lying in bed. Haven’t seen any silhouettes though.
    I’m not sure I believe in ghosts or not. I think that our brains can do strange things that science has not been able to fully understand yet, but who knows.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    While working Loss Prevention for Sears (Lafayette Square) a few years back we did quite a few overnights where we were the only 3 locked in the building all night long. The only lights that were on were the 'fire lights' which didn't do much justice. Anyways, one night in particular we were re-doing the LP Office (installing new cameras, hanging LCD TVs, running new wire, etc). My buddy and I both went to the Tool Department to get some supplies about 2AM. We both squatted down in the back isle looking for the right wrench we needed for the job when all of a sudden we both heard a noise to the left of us. We both turned our heads immediately and saw a whole row of tools (hanging on pay hooks) waving as if a little child was running his/her hand down the isle. We looked at each other as if we just saw a ghost, grabbed our tools, and booked out of there!

During this same overnight my other buddy (the Loss Prevention Manager) needed to go to the Penthouse to do some work. He rode the freight elevator up to the second floor, turned the corner and saw what he said was an elderly man, wearing a long white coat, long white beard, walk out of the Maintenance Room directly toward him with his head down and then turned and walked right through the closed Penthouse door (on the other side of the door is nothing more than a small room with 3 flights of stairs leading up to the Penthouse). He turned around, went back downstairs and never completed the work that needed to be done up there.

The following morning we were all finishing up in the LP Office when the store manager came in (approximately 5am). Without knowing anything about what we saw last night he started his morning off by going to the Juniors Department to turn on the lights. He walked in the closet of the Juniors Department, flipped on a couple lights, and walked out. He said he was startled when he saw an old man leaning up against the wall, walked a few steps and then realized the store wasn't open yet and nobody should be inside, turned to say something to him and nobody was there.

He immediately came to our office to let us know what he saw and described the man my buddy saw up in the Penthouse to a tee without knowing anything about what we encountered overnight.

A couple weeks later while observing a female on the camera system within the Juniors Department; we noticed her walking up to what use to be the Juniors Dressing Room. We had a lot of thefts out of that dressing room so we dry-walled the door shut and unless you worked there or have been shopping there for a while you would never know there was a sealed off room on the other side of the wall. Anyways, we observed the female walk up to the wall placing her ear on the wall as if she was listening for something on the other side. We received a phone call a few minutes later stating a customer hearing a baby crying in the Juniors Department but there isn't one to be found anywhere. We walked over there and heard nothing. An hour or so later we received multiple phone calls from staff saying they hear kids playing and babies crying on the second floor near the abandoned stock rooms. Nothing was ever found.

The penthouse is in my opinion the most haunted part of the building as I WILL NOT, FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY walk up there alone to this day. I'm not sure if it's because there's like a million volts of electricity flowing through there that give you the iry feeling or what, but No Thanks! Also, up in the Penthouse there is a extremely narrow hallway (just big enough for someone to turn sideways and squeeze there way down). The hallway is a good 15 feet or so long that opens up at the end to an enclosed room where for some reason or another sits 1 chair up against the wall. The only light is 1 burnt out light bulb that for some reason will not burn for more than a few hours before burning out. We have moved that chair out of there, flipped it over, numerous times. Every single time we go back, the chair is always sitting upright against the wall. Ourselves and Maintenance (who are normally never there) are the only ones with keys to the Penthouse.

On other occasions we have heard voices coming from the back closet in the Tool Department. The only thing in this closet is a storage room and abandoned stairwell that leads to the closed off 2nd floor stockrooms.

Jsharmon7 (INGO Member) who also use to work there years ago said he and a few others heard what sounded like large tool boxes moving around in the Tool Department in the middle of the night.

Through the grape vine, we have heard Lafayette Square use to belong to an elderly couple who lived on a farm right where the mall sits. When the couple died the property was left abandoned for many years before it was eventually purchased by someone and the mall was eventually built. Sears is no longer in business at Lafayette Square but it would be interesting to find out the history of the building.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Only one time did I feel like there were spirits around and it was eeriest feeling and to this day and as I am currently typing it gives me goosebumps.

While in Ireland a few years ago, we were visiting the monastery of Clonmacnoise (Cluain Mhic Nóis in Irish, meaning "Meadow of the Sons of Nós") which is located south of Athlone on the River Shannon. This place is absolutely beautiful and full of history. It was founded in 548 by St. Ciaran. So you can possibly imagine what had occurred there. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure Photo Gallery: Clonmacnoise, Ireland

We visited the outside structures before entering into the visitors center. This place was amazing. The history and the structures that were still standing were breathtaking. It's the middle of March (around St. Patrick's Day) and the grass is greener there at the time than it is here in the middle of summer. Yet there is still a somber mood in the air. Even the whispering arch which was extremely cool gave me a feeling of melancholy. The whispering arch is located on one of the cathedrals. The monks held confessions there. The Monks would put their ear up to the arch on one side as the sinner would be on the other side of the arch speaking into it. Only the Monk could hear what the sinner was saying. The arch does indeed work. We tried it out.

After visiting all of the graves and the cathedrals, we went inside the visitors center where many artifacts are located. While we were walking around looking at these, I could feel breathing on my neck but there was no one there. This continued on throughout the building.

We then sat in on a video they were showing. While I was sitting down, someone/something put their hand on my shoulder. I could feel the weight of it and I knew exactly what it was but turning around once again, there was no one there. The entire time I was in that building I know there was someone/thing with me. I'm not so sure about outside but there was something there. There is no doubt in my mind.

I want to go back. :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    After visiting all of the graves and the cathedrals, we went inside the visitors center where many artifacts are located. While we were walking around looking at these, I could feel breathing on my neck but there was no one there. This continued on throughout the building.

We then sat in on a video they were showing. While I was sitting down, someone/something put their hand on my shoulder. I could feel the weight of it and I knew exactly what it was but turning around once again, there was no one there. The entire time I was in that building I know there was someone/thing with me. I'm not so sure about outside but there was something there. There is no doubt in my mind.

I want to go back. :)

IIRC, the first time it happened, you were walking down a ramp and you thought it was me. You turned around and asked me what I wanted and I was 30 feet behind you. I saw nothing, even though I was looking right at you at the time you said you felt it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Spirits operate on a different frequency.
    Some people are "tuned" to their plane of existence more than others.

When your mind is quiet and not filled with distraction - i.e. in twilight -
    then you will be more readily able to receive.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Glad to know I'm not alone on this topic. I shared an experience from last night with a friend of mine and she called me crazy.

Before bed I turned the light and television off, plugged in my cell phone, and set my
    alarm for an early shift at work. Finally layed down around 12:30 and was asleep soon after. I woke up around 3ish to the sound of billiard balls colliding on my pool table (I sleep in the basement) and when I opened my eyes my tv was back on as well as the over head light at the other end of the basement. I got up to turn the light off and could have sworn I saw a man standing by the bed. When I attempted to lay a hand on the man in question he just disappeared.

I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me, if I was dreaming, or if I really saw what I think I saw. It still doesn't explain the lights or tv though

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Glad to know I'm not alone on this topic. I shared an experience from last night with a friend of mine and she called me crazy.

Before bed I turned the light and television off, plugged in my cell phone, and set my
    alarm for an early shift at work. Finally layed down around 12:30 and was asleep soon after. I woke up around 3ish to the sound of billiard balls colliding on my pool table (I sleep in the basement) and when I opened my eyes my tv was back on as well as the over head light at the other end of the basement. I got up to turn the light off and could have sworn I saw a man standing by the bed. When I attempted to lay a hand on the man in question he just disappeared.

Yeah, 3 am or there about is prime time.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Locally there is a preschool that is supposed to be haunted. Allegedly things were so bad that the house kept changing hands because no one wanted to live there. The story was that back in the 1930's a doctor lived there who would perform abortions at night in his home and that now the place is haunted with numerous eerie things occuring after dark. The current owner uses it to teach preschool in the daytime and no one is there at night. The owner mentioned finding some odd compartments in the walls as well when she remodeled but could not speculate as to what they would have been used for.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    anyone ever had something happen or see something late at night you just couldn't explain?

Very easy to explain, my Mom has visited me quite a few times since her death. Why does she visit? She always loved sneaking up behind me and scaring me...nothing has changed there...lol. I also believe she is just checking up on me at times.

Top Bottom