• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So I subscribed to Paramount + to watch 1883, but it auto-renewed the same night as I was watching the last episode of 1883. :n00b: I figured I'd look around and see if there was anything else that I would want to watch. I found "Ghosts" and I think it may be available on CBS too. It's hilarious! Really stupid humor, which suits me to a tee! :): Anybody else watching this?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watch it on CBS. Very good and is actually funny.
    That's the thing that bugged me about Paramount +. Most of the content is already available on CBS (which I already get with cable). It's definitely geared to those who have "cut the cable". But at least I can catch up with all the episodes on Paramount +.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So I subscribed to Paramount + to watch 1883, but it auto-renewed the same night as I was watching the last episode of 1883. :n00b: I figured I'd look around and see if there was anything else that I would want to watch. I found "Ghosts" and I think it may be available on CBS too. It's hilarious! Really stupid humor, which suits me to a tee! :): Anybody else watching this?
    When did you subscribe? Oh, and good morning. I’ll see your answer in a few hours…. LOL

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Watch Mayor of Kingstown before your next month expires. It's written by Taylor Sheridan also and it's quite good.

I'll have to give ghosts a try.
    I watched about 20 minutes of Mayor of Kingstown and hated it. I thought it looked good from the previews I had seen but it was not. Got tired of the f-bombs every other word. :noway:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The wife and I watched the original 3 seasons of BBC Ghosts (the 4th season will be out soon) and LOVED it. Then CBS came out with their version and so we gave it a try. Hated every minute of it. We thought the BBC version is WAY better than the US version. We might have liked it had we not already seen the BBC version. Who knows.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I watched about 20 minutes of Mayor of Kingstown and hated it. I thought it looked good from the previews I had seen but it was not. Got tired of the f-bombs every other word. :noway:
    That seems to be where Hollywood is headed now days and it gets old fast. Do people normal people talk like that all the time? It doesn't seem natural. However, I guess it would be based on how one was raised.

While on cussing how about the loosely based on historical events type shows Using modern cuss words for shows based on events 1,000 years ago or longer. That irritates me to where I have to stop watching.
    Do research and find out what they used or probably used don't go with modern words, it's just irritating to me anyway.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The wife and I watched the original 3 seasons of BBC Ghosts (the 4th season will be out soon) and LOVED it. Then CBS came out with their version and so we gave it a try. Hated every minute of it. We thought the BBC version is WAY better than the US version. We might have liked it had we not already seen the BBC version. Who knows.
    I too watched the BBC version then the CBS one. I agree the British version is much better but I like the American one as well. Note: The BBC 2 seasons is on HBO Max.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You can't say a sentence without cussing?
    At work...it's all darn and gosh. At home, curse like a sailor. Growing up, my mom would make a sailor blush. She was the only female in a male job so she fit in. I learned it honest. So I don't even really notice cussing in TV/movies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    At work...it's all darn and gosh. At home, curse like a sailor. Growing up, my mom would make a sailor blush. She was the only female in a male job so she fit in. I learned it honest. So I don't even really notice cussing in TV/movies.
    I grow up in a Christian home so cussing was not done at all.
    In the service it got bad and took me years to finally get it out of my system. Not saying I'm perfect one will slip now and then.
    My Cav Scout son can't go a sentence without cussing, my Military Intelligence son very seldom cusses. My youngest son doesn't cuss at all that i know of. My daughter does when she gets upset. So it probably is a personal preference.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I grow up in a Christian home so cussing was not done at all.
    In the service it got bad and took me years to finally get it out of my system. Not saying I'm perfect one will slip now and then.
    My Cav Scout son can't go a sentence without cussing, my Military Intelligence son very seldom cusses. My youngest son doesn't cuss at all that i know of. My daughter does when she gets upset. So it probably is a personal preference.
    I do find the history of curse words fascinating. A combination of consonants and vowels, forming sounds that people find offensive.

Top Bottom