• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Opinions please...found some for $12 each. Are these worth it or should i pass? Looking for mags for my Rock Island and was told these would be a good fit. What does the folks here say? Thank you INGO :ingo:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I personally would go with Wilson, Brown, Chip McMormick in that gun. Watch for fake "GI" mags. Lots of imitations around. I even saw a fake Colt stainless mag today. Crimped bottom 4 way and real poor quality follower.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Agree with Wilsons 47D's, and Chip's McM. I have a number of different ones, and even WW2 mods from my Uncle that work well. My RIA shoots ball and HP's without issues.
    I have an old Colt 7rd that is dependable. Another Colt is terrible. You gotta shoot them all to judge. I have noticed Kimbers, Remingtons, and others that may be fine.
    The 8rd models seem to require a "push to click in", unless the slide is back. 7rds-no issues. Stainless in nice, blue is period correct. Get a few of each. (my ammo box has about 15 different ones, but my Wilson 47D's are carry mags.) Good luck.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have 7 round USGI magazines that are older than I am that still function perfectly.

I have purchased a number of Chip McCormick 8 round mags from CDNN over they years, and have always been happy.

Two perfect appearing ProMags landed in the trash due to unreliable function, so I would not buy any more of those.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    if you're just looking for range mags they're fine, but any 1911 I carry has a Wilson or Chip McCormick mag in it.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I just picked up a 8 round sig mag last night from Rural King for 27.99 + tax, fed fine at Wilbur Wright Range today.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Going to pick up some of the GIs for range mags and see how well they work. Will pick up a couple more good mags if I decide to carry. Thanks again INGO

Top Bottom