• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My family draws names for Christmas and I got my cousin's name. On his list are these two items: "Visa gift card", "gas gift card". I hate giving gift cards. He's 22 (as am I) and I want to get him something nice that will last a long time. I was thinking of getting him a nice knife, but all the nice ones I could find were in the area of $60-80. He is sort of into guns but not a lot. I know he used to own a Ruger SR22 and a Ruger 10/22 but I am not sure he owns either anymore. He just moved back from being out of state for a couple years.

I'm looking to spend around $30, but I can go to $50 if it's a really cool gift. I want something that will last rather then some gimmiky thing that will break after a year. And I can always resort to gift cards if there's are no other options.

A multi-tool or flashlight are out because I'm already getting every guy in the family an engraved Leatherman Wingman and an engraved Streamlight MicroStream. :yesway:

INGO, what are your suggestions?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    if you can go 50 why not just drop 10 more and go with the 60 knife? You can get a kershaw leek for 30-50. i think they are pretty nice

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    if you can go 50 why not just drop 10 more and go with the 60 knife? You can get a kershaw leek for 30-50. i think they are pretty nice

I did think of that, but the usual amount for these gift is around $20-30ish, so I don't want to seem like I am trying to show everyone up (even if that isn't my intention). And I'm not sure how much of a knife guy he is either.

Oh and another reason I wasn't sure about getting him a knife is that he is left-handed, so I don't know if a liner/frame lock knife would work well for him. I was going to mention that in my original post but forgot. I looked at some Benchmade Axis lock knives but they are all way too much, and the Sypderco lockbacks are around $60-70 as well.

EDIT:
    You can find Blurs for $50 if you look around.

Check above.

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    that he is left-handed, so I don't know if a liner/frame lock knife would work well for him.

Go with a Cryo I or II. The clip has the ability to be moved left/right, tip up/tip down. As southpaw, that was important to me. Then add on a $10 gas card.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Kershaw emerson model knife. I have one. Awesome blade. Can still shave with it and I use it daily. I might have gotten lucky on edge retention though.

Top Bottom