Girl with PINK rifle takes on 3 robbers at home and wins!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Burglary Thwarted by Armed 11-Year-Old Alyssa Gutierrez - Guns & Ammo

So don't go making fun of the PINK now! She got lucky that they bolted as soon as they figured out she was in the house. Furthermore, she got lucky that she did not have a shoot out with the sole armed robber as she only had 2 rounds!

Still +1 for the brave 11 year old girl who stood her ground.
    They got the 3 robbers but knowing our legal system them f00ls will be out and doing bad things once more soon enough. :(

-Jedi

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Great ending! Often standing your ground prepared to do what is necessary is all it takes to scare animals away that prey on the weak and helpless. This girl was neither!

On a negative note what a crappy write up! "Maybe she should have called 911 instead of get a rifle?" "Hide behind a locked door?" Um, she DID! Its called her HOUSE! An interior door will not stop someone WITH A CROWBAR WHO JUST BROKE IN THROUGH AN ENTRY DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booshie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Great ending! Often standing your ground prepared to do what is necessary is all it takes to scare animals away that prey on the weak and helpless. This girl was neither!

On a negative note what a crappy write up! "Maybe she should have called 911 instead of get a rifle?" "Hide behind a locked door?" Um, she DID! Its called her HOUSE! An interior door will not stop someone WITH A CROWBAR WHO JUST BROKE IN THROUGH AN ENTRY DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Awesome! More of this needs to be taught to the youngsters of this country. To stand your ground and accept personal responsibility. This girls dad must be the proudest man on the planet right now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Awesome! More of this needs to be taught to the youngsters of this country. To stand your ground and accept personal responsibility. This girls dad must be the proudest man on the planet right now.

No the girl's parents should be jailed! How dare they leave a firearm unlocked and accessible to this child. The girl needs to go thru more 9-1-1 re-education training so she knows to call the ".gov" to help her next time.

Those poor teenagers should have not to go thru this trauma again.
    :rolleyes:

-Jedi

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I think thats an old story, someone search for it and check it on snoops.com
    (I am on my phone and can't right now)

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    They ran before they even knew she had a rifle. I appreciate a good firearms HD story as much as the next gun nut, but thats not what this is. I am glad that this girl had the wits to go for the gun, but this story was edited for use as pro-gun propoganda. which hurts our cause as much as anything. Propoganda is propoganda even if it does support my stance on guns and gun ownership. :yesway:for the find, :noway: for the tool that tried to spin this into something its not. I hate to see companys and publications that are supposed to be supporting our cause as gun owners, resorting to the tactics that the anti's use:n00b:

renegade464

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    too bad she didnt have one of these:ar15:!!!! course if she had shot one the other two probably would have ran, if not the second one would have been sorry!!!! the third hopefully by then would have had the common sense to skeedaddle!!!! lol. Good girl for doing what she did.:patriot::patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They ran before they even knew she had a rifle. I appreciate a good firearms HD story as much as the next gun nut, but thats not what this is. I am glad that this girl had the wits to go for the gun, but this story was edited for use as pro-gun propoganda. which hurts our cause as much as anything. Propoganda is propoganda even if it does support my stance on guns and gun ownership. :yesway:for the find, :noway: for the tool that tried to spin this into something its not. I hate to see companys and publications that are supposed to be supporting our cause as gun owners, resorting to the tactics that the anti's use:n00b:

To kill a monster you sometimes have to think/act and even become the very monster you are trying to kill. In war there are no rules only survivors. Just saying....

-Jedi

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

:yesway:

I wanted to poke fun at Jediagh about his PINK obsession that I forgot to come back to this VERY crucial point. Using sarcasm as a tactic to mock your opponent's frequent bending of the truth is one thing. However, I think this "story" tried to pass off the retrieval of the rifle by the girl as a factor in their (teenagers) decision to flee. I think the fact that someone was home was the sole factor.

I'm in favor of all is fair in war. However, unless the bullets are flying and the blood is flowing, we're still in a "war" to win hearts and minds. Lying and deception destroy credibility in that "war."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm in favor of all is fair in war. However, unless the bullets are flying and the blood is flowing, we're still in a "war" to win hearts and minds. Lying and deception destroy credibility in that "war."

:offtopic:
    You are either with us or against us. It's black and white. Those that have not made up their mind or seen the errors of their ways are against us.
    You're either with us, or against us - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best to start with a clean slate then attempt to "change" someone.
    -Jedi

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Unless you were there or there was video footage of what happened you really don't know what caused what. You are speculating.

Judge comments accordingly.

You don't KNOW what caused the robbers to flee. You might have 30 years experience in your PDs Robbery/Homicide division, you may have a doctorate in psychology, but more likely you've just seen too many episodes of Law & Order. The point is, you don't know.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Unless you were there or there was video footage of what happened you really don't know what caused what. You are speculating.

Judge comments accordingly.

You don't KNOW what caused the robbers to flee. You might have 30 years experience in your PDs Robbery/Homicide division, you may have a doctorate in psychology, but more likely you've just seen too many episodes of Law & Order. The point is, you don't know.

You are correct. I was speculating as to what caused the robbers to flee. I'll retract my statement that the girl's presence was the sole factor (myabe there was a dog, an alarm sounded, they heard sirens, they lost their nerve, or anything else in addition to seeing the girl).

However, I will stand by my assertion that based on what was written and the interview with the girl, you could not arrive at the conclusion that the teenagers left because of the pink rifle. According to the reported facts, the teenagers never even saw the rifle. I would even go as far as to say that the writers intentionally lead the reader to draw a desired conclusion (the girl scared the boys off with her pink rifle). A conclusion unsupported by the stated facts. My issue is with the conclusion drawn from the story (as written/reported) ... not the story itself.

Bottom line is that you said, "You don't know." I'm saying that neither do the writers of the story and they shouldn't imply more than the stated facts support.

BTW ... You don't need to work Robbery/Homicide, have a PhD in Psychology, or watch Law & Order (seriously, does anyone watch that show?) to draw a logical conclusion. You analyze incomplete facts and bits of information every hour of every day and you don't get snarky comments about it, do you? :D

:offtopic:
    You are either with us or against us. It's black and white. Those that have not made up their mind or seen the errors of their ways are against us.
    You're either with us, or against us - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Best to start with a clean slate then attempt to "change" someone.
    -Jedi

These are the people I was talking about. Some people actually haven't even given the idea of gun ownership or the Second Amendment a second thought. You don't want their introduction to the issue to be based on deception.

Top Bottom