• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    So did you ever do it? I just joined and would go to a girls' event just to swap information (and eat, of course.)

We never did get around to doing it. I work retail and we're officially elbows-deep into holiday season now, so it'll be at least February before I can plan anything. If someone else wants to grab this and run with it, I'll see if I can arrange my schedule to be there. Otherwise, keep recruiting more women to the forum, and I'll start planning something more definite in February, even if it is just a night out without the guys. :)

gunbunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2008
    Boilermaker Country
    NOT YOURS.

(Neither this thread... nor our super secret second amendment slumber party... and especially not the pink fuzzy faux-fur pistol rugs for the nightstand. No boys allowed.)

I suspect we could talk Gander Mountain into loaning us their meeting room, if we wanted a warm and dry place to do a meet and greet w/o the men at the end of winter. Plus, we could then send any accompanying menfolk off into the store, and then have a coed dinner afterwards. (Lots of nice places on the north side of Indy.)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    *reaches into the dredges of INGO forum history and pulls this thread out of nowhere*

SO.

I had a request to try and do a girls-only get-together shoot type thing.
    I KNOW we have a LOT more women than we did this time last year.
    So, I'll repeat my first post in this thread:

1) When can we get together?
    2) Where can we get together?
    3) How can we get together? (Naked is not an option. GUYS: STAY OUT!!!)

Again, this is open to the wives/girlfriends/sisters/daughters/cousins/friends of the men on this board, too. Except I'd encourage them to sign up for INGO and post their participation themselves!

Sept. 26-27 is out due to some big NFA thing going on in Brown County. :rolleyes:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I have a lot of things booked this summer...so depending on the day I would be MORE than interested in this.

I think we should make it in the middle of the state so everyone can make it....:). Although it really depends on who all is coming. I only know of maybe 4 women here and havent looked at their location. ?

Let me know when/if something is planned and I will see if I am tied up or if I can cancel other plans.

RM

Last edited by a moderator:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I think my mom would like to be part of this as she has expressed interest in getting herself a pistol , if it was close to Indy I'm sure she'd love to attend .

I think it would be a great way to bring her into the fold since I have no idea about female gun ownership .

If you guys pick a date please post and I'll see if she can make it .

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Depending on when and how many women, it is possible we could do this at the Hamilton County Fish and Game in Noblesville. We would just have to get approval for this and it would be a minimum of $5 a person because that's what they charge for guests. I don't know if there is any other range that would give us a break on lane time, etc.

Maybe start a new thread that states something like "Do not post anything in here other than I am interest or My wife is interested, etc" in order to get a head count at least. That will help determine a location I think. Or maybe also add in there that they can state how far north, south, east or west they are willing to drive. Obviously not everyone will be able to be satisfied but if there's a majority at least, that would be good.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Your fiancee is welcome; men are not. We really want to try to put together a completely girls-only event. :)

probably wont make it then.... she still lives in Cincinnati ohio and wouldnt drive out here to see me then go somewhere else.... after she moves here.... then she would probably be down.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    If you need a place to meet I can schedule the meeting room in the building where the Indy Gun Safety office is. There is a kitchen attached. Any idea on the numbers? The room can hold up to 30 comfortably with tabled seating. (More if you don't need much table space.) The building is firearm friendly and has armed security 24/7. Please let me know. It's just East of downtown Indy. There would be no charge, just let me speak for 5 minutes at the beginning and then you are on your own. Check out A little Secret Courage. I would love to sposor an all womens event.

Randy

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    In fact... you ladies have inspired me. I have the time and resouces to set up a womens event at my facility, complete with guest speakers and reps from various companies showing their wares. The event can start with a happy hour and go from there. Feel free to email any ideas to me.

Randy

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    In fact... you ladies have inspired me. I have the time and resouces to set up a womens event at my facility, complete with guest speakers and reps from various companies showing their wares. The event can start with a happy hour and go from there. Feel free to email any ideas to me.

Randy

I presume by "happy hour" you mean "viewing vendor wares" because I can't imagine starting off a day at the range with drinks. :scratch:

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I'm in for a girls-only gig

Living in central Johnson county, willing to drive 2 counties to get there?

WheelGloryDame

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    These United States of America
    Oh this sounds great!! I totally want to come. I am new to the forum and would love to put faces to names. I don't know what anyone thinks of this, but in New Castle, there is an outdoor firing range, then if we all make a short 30 minute drive to Muncie there is a place called The Artist Within. It is a place where you can paint your own pottery with glaze then they will put it through the kiln for you. On the last Saturday of every month, there is no studio fee, so you only pay for your pottery. Its really fun. I want to go and make a "You Are Amazing" plate for my kids to use when they do something amazing or cool or smart. Also a short walk from that place are several art galleries and a really fabulous place to eat called White River Landing that is not too expensive. It takes about a week to get your pottery back, but I live in Muncie and would be willing to pick-up everyone's things and you could get it back either the next time we get together or I could mail it to you. What about the 2nd Saturday in November (the 14th) or the 1st Saturday in December (the 5th). Hey, come to think of it, there is even an indoor range in Muncie, and I believe (could be wrong) it is free for first time guests. Which would probably be all of us.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Ok, since this is the third or fourth time this thread has come up... someone else is clearly going to have to take the reins on organizing a girls-only range day, because I clearly suck at follow-through. :):

I think a huge part of my issue is that I've been trying to think "how can we get everyone there" instead of "how can we get the most there." Now that we have more women here, it's a little easier to think in terms of "most" instead of "all." However, "most" of the women I want to meet fall into the "all" category. /sigh

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom