• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Of note, this story is from July of this year. It's still wrong, but I didn't want anyone thinking it was new, say, in one of the warmer states.

Blessings,
    Bill

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Sounds like the city council needs to re address their bylaws and change some wording. Just more and more examples of bigger government medling where they shouldn't be.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    They're lucky the cops didn't go all tactical on them, you know.. . . . .swat team, snipers, black masks, etc. Actually that would make a pretty good SNL skit now that I think about it!:rockwoot:

dingodog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Monticello
    I remember this story when it first appeared over the summer. My initial reaction was the same as most people....stupid laws, police bullying little girls, etc. After some thought on the subject, I have to agree with the LEOs. They close down the stand and they are jerks....what if there was something in the lemonade to make people sick? Intentional or otherwise. Now they (LEOs) were negligent for not shutting down the lemonade stand and would be accused of not doing their jobs. It was lose lose for the LEOs.

I'm sure those girls did not and would not put anything in their lemonade to make people sick.....but there are individuals that will.

Former Avon Grove students sentenced for poop cake prank - dailylocal.com

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I remember this story when it first appeared over the summer. My initial reaction was the same as most people....stupid laws, police bullying little girls, etc. After some thought on the subject, I have to agree with the LEOs. They close down the stand and they are jerks....what if there was something in the lemonade to make people sick? Intentional or otherwise. Now they (LEOs) were negligent for not shutting down the lemonade stand and would be accused of not doing their jobs. It was lose lose for the LEOs.

I'm sure those girls did not and would not put anything in their lemonade to make people sick.....but there are individuals that will.

Former Avon Grove students sentenced for poop cake prank - dailylocal.com

So are yo us saying we need FDA lemonade stand inspection teams? If you're concerned about the health risks of lemonade stands, simply don't patronize them.

The officers that shut these down should be the laughingstock of the force.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You lemon rebels. Your rebellion will be crushed, then sugar added and then stirred . . . briskly.

lemon-man-350px.jpg

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    After some thought on the subject, I have to agree with the LEOs. They close down the stand and they are jerks....what if there was something in the lemonade to make people sick? Intentional or otherwise. Now they (LEOs) were negligent for not shutting down the lemonade stand and would be accused of not doing their jobs. It was lose lose for the LEOs.

Isn't that where liability and civil suits with the parents would kick in? Isn't that how its always worked? There was a time where common sense was taken into a count in the courts on cases that where in the fringe.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    The permit cost fifty bucks a day?! And a hundred fifty anually?! Sounds to me like if those little girls want to make some real money they should get into the protection racket errrrr.....I mean permit business.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The permit cost fifty bucks a day?! And a hundred fifty anually?! Sounds to me like if those little girls want to make some real money they should get into the protection racket errrrr.....I mean permit business.

Didn't you know that the mere possession of a permit sanitizes all utensils, pitchers, and cups? It also ensures safe handling of the lemonade to prevent any food poisoning?

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011

Didn't you know that the mere possession of a permit sanitizes all utensils, pitchers, and cups? It also ensures safe handling of the lemonade to prevent any food poisoning?

I laughed and spilled my cherrio's bowl. Thanks jerks.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    When I was a kid a ran a combination lemonade stand/bait shop. The law didnt shut me down but for some reason I didnt have any business. :dunno:

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    It was our only source of income as kids back in the day. That and collecting coke bottles to recycle.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As a teen, I had a regular business going cutting grass. I had at least a dozen regular customers and several other casual customers. I guess I was lucky no one ever checked the status of my "mower pushing" permit.

Then there was raking leaves in the fall, shoveling snow in the winter. and whatever else I could get people to pay me to do.

Of course, its a lot harder to find kids willing to work these days so it'll give the permit nazis less to do.

Top Bottom