• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If he makes the type of holster I am looking for, I buy my holsters from Andrew Henry at Henry Holsters. He makes good holsters and he is local. Plus, the first time I bought a holster from him I picked it up from his shop and he got out a blue gun and helped me with my draw stroke. How awesome is that?

(I'm not trying to tell you not to buy the holster you want, that's just the closest I can come to a reason not to buy the holster you linked)

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Can anyone give me a reason NOT to buy this holster?

Sure, such holsters take up a lot of horizontal space on the belt - space that could be used for other purposes. This is the chief reason I'm not a fan of such holsters. Although, for many folks, they fit the bill nicely.

I also find the fit and retention of such holsters a bit "mushy". Prefer something more positive.

You said you wanted a reason. There's a couple. All holster designs have their pros/cons, advantages/disadvantages.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Sure, such holsters take up a lot of horizontal space on the belt - space that could be used for other purposes. This is the chief reason I'm not a fan of such holsters. Although, for many folks, they fit the bill nicely.

I also find the fit and retention of such holsters a bit "mushy". Prefer something more positive.

You said you wanted a reason. There's a couple. All holster designs have their pros/cons, advantages/disadvantages.

Lots of real estate - yes indeed. But not such a big deal if you have lots of real estate - ahem.

Also the Henry Holsters hybrid: He uses two pieces of Boltaron in a "clamshell" that is then affixed to the leather backing.

Just about every one else just uses one piece of thermoplastic that is then affixed to the leather backer. This can certainly lead to failure points.

I know OP has already ordered a Mills - but my opinion is that the Henry is a much better quality buy. Not inexpensive - but it is quite high quality.

Top Bottom