• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Because the two processes aren't linked at all?

Any idea why you were denied? If you have a common name, and don't list your SSN, you could be denied (someone with the same name is a felon, for instance). All kinds of other reasons.
    Yeah. I don't like putting my SSN on that BATFE form, but I saw a cop one time get denied, and he did not put his SSN on the form. Dude was buying a 10/22! Just sayin'.:n00b:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    In Utah, I would agree. Indiana does honor the non-resident Utah permit, but the caveat (I believe) is the following:

And the Utah CWP is valid under IN state law, as are all such permits, licenses, etc., issued by any governmental entity.

I think the only reason we have to do the NICS check despite the CWP is that IN FFLs don't necessarily keep track of all states' recognition under the Brady law.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    And the Utah CWP is valid under IN state law, as are all such permits, licenses, etc., issued by any governmental entity.

I think the only reason we have to do the NICS check despite the CWP is that IN FFLs don't necessarily keep track of all states' recognition under the Brady law.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

That certainly could be as well.. or just a case of buttocks covering

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    OP is still trying to dig into what the root cause for denial was. She received a letter from the FBI saying that she can't buy a handgun, otherwise she would be in violation of USC Title 18. So, now she has to figure out what in her background is in violation of Title 18 if she were to buy a handgun.

Top Bottom