• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    He was demoted to Commander Nervous for a while.

Looks like all my credentials are back in order.

Reminds me of a Marine Lt. Colonel I knew. When he was a Captain, he was going somewhere on a Naval base, and called ahead and said he would be there at such a time, and needed a car to pick him up. They gladly arranged the transportation, and when he arrived in USMC greens, they looked puzzled. They had expected a Navy Captain, an O-6, not a Marine Captain, an O-3. They didn't want to give him the car, that he mislead them. He said that they never asked his branch, and they made assumptions. They ended up driving him.

Another time, the same guy, when he was a newly commissioned 2nd Lieutenant. He yelled at a Navy Ensign, the same rank as a 2LT, and asked him, "Don't you know that that Ensigns are required to salute 2nd LTs??"

The Ensign apologized and saluted. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it.

He was a cool dude.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Well, hopefully you'll grow a thick skin and realize this doesn't affect your REAL life.
    Some of us missed you when you left, but it was kinda a self inflicted wound.

My skin is already pretty thick. No worries here. I know what I did, and I won't do it again.

I loved the forum here, and I'm glad to be back. Nowhere else on the entire interwebz exists an online community as close as this. ARFCOM sucks.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Welcome back CPT Nervous. Having spent some time in exile myself, I know how you feel. I too was happy to see my iTrader, PMs, etc. were still here when logged in. And happy to be welcomed by the community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom