• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If you want a high mag target scope and have the budget, the vortex Golden Eagle is an excellent scope at a very good price from AAoptic.

The GE is an excellent target scope, a real steal for what it is.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    go with Argos

For $310 to $350 you can get the Athlon Argos BTR in 6-24 or 8-34.
    Very nice scopes and you will want to try them out on your bigger rifles.

Jmiyake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Crown point
    I Have a vortex crossfire the rimfire model on mine its solid 2-7x solid construction clear glass and they make a throw switch for it as well. I have had a few of them now and they are all pretty solid.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I have multiple Crossfire II's on .22's, a .308 deer rifle, and an AR that I play around with at 600 yards some. I also have an Athlon Argos BTR 6-24 FFP on a Savage bolt action.

I'd rather have a clear 12 or 16X than a muddy 24X any day. It took me buying a few cheap scopes to learn that for myself, but it's the truth. I have good eyes, and I can see .22 holes at 100 with a 12X Crossfire. I couldn't see crap at 100 yards through an 18X Bushnell Banner I had.

I can't say too much bad about the Athlon (glass is comparable to the Crossfire, maybe a bit better, but the knobs are a bit mushy for my liking...the while thing is just not as precise feeling as I'd like), but I think I'd go with some model of Vortex. If Alan says the Diamondback is good-to-go, it is.

You might also consider some of the lower end Vipers in the $300-350 range.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    PEf7H7s.jpg

Tasco Custom Shop 12-60x56

Their Custom Shop made 3 different sized monster scopes. All with the side wheel focus. This was the largest one available back when Japan was manufacturing them.
    Still popping up on ebay and GB from time to time but prices are all over the place.

I just threw it on my girls 10/22 for fun but now they won't let me take it off. :(
    It will hit flies at 50 yards all day long. Great at 100 but with 22s, it will get blown off target with a bird fart.

Top Bottom