• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thats to bad, she would have got at least 9 or 10 votes from her family members!

Don't underestimate. She would have gotten the vote of every single teacher in the state, along with their spouses, family, etc. We would be naive to underestimate this crowd, they fooled us into electing her once and they are still out there.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Don't underestimate. She would have gotten the vote of every single teacher in the state, along with their spouses, family, etc. We would be naive to underestimate this crowd, they fooled us into electing her once and they are still out there.

All true. This is one of the most tightly bound and monolithic voting blocs you will find anywhere. While I don't know how she would have done in the first place had she not been handed a situation in which one of my alpacas could have beaten Bennett, dismissing any foe is a dangerous attitude to take.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I am unconvinced of that eventuality.

In the absence of her criminal-prone predecessor to serve as a greater evil, she presents poorly on her own merit (or lack thereof) and multitude of failings.

Again, I rejoice that the governor's race is now Harridan-free!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The only reason she won last time was because of anti-Bennett, anti-Common Core crossover voters from the GOP. She won't be getting that again after breaking her campaign promise to keep Indiana out of Common Core.

Yah, I voted for her last time because of what Bennett was doing to my wife and the teaching profession in Indiana. I think the Republicans are reaping what they sowed there(look at the number of teachers licenses issued in Indiana in the last 10 yrs and the downward trend).

I'm not sure I'd vote for her again. I might just leave that line blank. My wife has effectively quit teaching now due in part to what they've done...but moreso IPS's fiasco of an organization...but I still feel for whats happening to the profession. Its really bigger than Indiana though(ala NCLB) Maybe thats morphed in to Common core now.

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

Thats the gospel truth. I know teachers and they all believe she was fired... And they're all on her side

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Glenda Ritz is a prime example of what happens when you get rid of a bad person and replace with a much worse person who is even more incompetent.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thats the gospel truth. I know teachers and they all believe she was fired... And they're all on her side
    Was in high school. Can confirm. When she was elected superintendent most of the teachers had boxes of Ritz crackers on their desk and kept going on to us about how great she was going to be for the state of Indiana.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was in high school. Can confirm. When she was elected superintendent most of the teachers had boxes of Ritz crackers on their desk and kept going on to us about how great she was going to be for the state of Indiana.

Not all teachers are drinking the Kool-Aid with their Ritz Crackers. My Mom was a high school math and chemistry teacher "back in the day". Her exact words concerning Glenda Ritz were, "That woman is a loon." I know there aren't many with that view, but I do know there is one.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Not all teachers are drinking the Kool-Aid with their Ritz Crackers. My Mom was a high school math and chemistry teacher "back in the day". Her exact words concerning Glenda Ritz were, "That woman is a loon." I know there aren't many with that view, but I do know there is one.
    I think I may have known two or three that weren't on the bandwagon, and at least one of them was heavily shunned by his coworkers for it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Glenda Ritz is a prime example of what happens when you get rid of a bad person and replace with a much worse person who is even more incompetent.

So, the LESSON, is DON'T let this happen, in the WHITE HOUSE, THIS ELECTION !!!!!

VOTE !!!!! For someone, or AGAINST, someone ..... VOTE !!!!!

Top Bottom