• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Robin Hood was stealing from the government, who were only the "rich" due to the monarchy that was made wealthy off the backs of serfs.

So...unless someone starts calling me the Duke of Plainfield, this is a very misguided load of crap.

And yes, it's entirely possible and already being done on a smaller scale. What do you think the UN, the World Bank, and Foreign Aid are? Redistribution.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I, for one, am looking ecstatically forward to standing in line to get bags of rice rations. I just pray that we have a fairly benevolent leader who is satisfied with a small group of concubines and that I'll be permitted to keep my wife.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    So...unless someone starts calling me the Duke of Plainfield, this is a very misguided load of crap.

And yes, it's entirely possible and already being done on a smaller scale. What do you think the UN, the World Bank, and Foreign Aid are? Redistribution.

I am the Count of Avon, I know the sherrif of Eagle Creek forest. :D

Pretty much already in existance, it's called Unky Sugar and his limitless printing press.

One thing I think is critically wrong is the idea of us giving our money for essentially nothing to these do nothing countries that can barely support themselves and their destructive programs, but also the cottage industry and big bucks that lobbyists from these countries make pandering to our politicians to spend the money and the corruption that occurs in other nations that recieve the money (they don't have to work for it, so why work at all? Of for that matter, why pursue fiscally and culturally responsible programs when they get their money for free to keep them by).

Yuck

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pouring cash into unstable corrupt third world ratholes is foolish. The people get nothing, you just enrich the corrupt elite.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    We have been dumping money into programs to save the poor. All we have done is made it easier for them not to help themselves. Something I once read about you can give a man a fish, and it will feed him for one meal, but teach a man how to fish and he can feed his family for life.

Since the number of poor people keep increasing, it means we just need to give them more money for doing nothing. Once the amount of money going to poor nations is high enough, I am sure that the governments of those countries will then make sure that they live in golden palaces and the peasants will still have nothing.

Been there, done that, yet this country doesn't give up, and why? The answer is what makes the United States such a great country, which others see but don't want to admit.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    As if the government has it's own money, take from my pocket and give to some crook Monarch of a crappy third world country all in the name of fairness. Smart move.

Top Bottom