• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    So i went to the gun shop today with just intentions of looking around, I ended up staying there for like 3 hours debating between a Glock 17 and FNP40, they were selling them both to me for the same price, glock had 2 mags, FNP had 3 mags and all the factory stuff in the box, i ended up leaving with the FNP, Did i make a mistake? (I already know the Glock lovers will say yes)

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    I own multiple Glocks and I would say no you did not make a mistake. FN makes a fine weapon, and I hope to own one in 9mm in the near future :)

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    I'm really glad to hear the first good comment, i didnt know much getting into the FNP, its not going to be my daily carry, since my M&P9 is still here, i just really wanted a gun with an open hammer, or what ever you call it lol

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Yes, if you're going to buy something other than a Glock, then you need to pick up a Glock at the same time.

That said, it's all going to come down to when you shoot it do you enjoy it and do you trust it for carry, FNs have a reputation for meeting both those criteria, but the most enjoyable handgun for me to shoot is the G17; but that's not what's important when purchasing something for you.

Be sure to give us a range report and some pics!

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I've got an fnp9 with 400 rounds with no problem. I carry in a king tuck iwb. I really enjoy shooting it, the single action is very nice and the double action is smooth. I hope you enjoy yours as much!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    You will, however, receive razzing that you should have gotten the Glock!

Nah.

Myself, I prefer the Glock. But, you checked both out (extensively after 3 hours) and made a decision. If you are happy with it (should be) then you did NOT make a mistake. Shoot it, enjoy it, and if you end up not caring for how it feels, shoots or anything else then pick up the Glock again and compare it with an M&P, XD, and XDm. Find what you like.

Tell us what you think about it after putting a couple hundred rounds through it.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Both are outstanding firearms. If you bought what you wanted, then that is all the matters. Congratulations on your purchase and hope it serves you well over the years.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    FNP or FNX are probably one of the finest guns made for out of the box performance, you made a great choice!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    shooting it in the morning, only issue, with my mags full they rattle? but if i take one round out it doesnt anymore.. really annoying.

Here's some other folks talking about the rattle:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...just_picked_up_an_fnp_40_a-3.html#post2340657

Also, I've bought into the Glock system, but the FN guns look very good and have caught my eye on many occasions. Only concern I have had is regarding availability of holsters, etc, but since this is not an EDC for you it should not be a real big concern for you.

Sounds like you made a great choice! There are many FN fans on INGO and I have heard good things about these guns.

Last edited:

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Other than the rattling I really enjoy my fnp.40. I was always a Glock guy then i held the fnp and liked the feel. One of the nicest shooting .40s I've shot.

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    Shot and cleaned both my guns today, of course still love the M&P9, staying as my daily carry pistol, verdict on the FNP40- Has a strong kick to it, first couple shots hurt my hand a little but got use to it really fast just had to adjust myself to it, shoots great, love it and will be keeping it on my nightstand.

393968_10151115222525487_550545486_22145291_1043635206_n.jpg

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    You might wanna add a slip on grip to the FNP if the recoil hurts your hands, Houge slip on grips do wonders in absorbing recoil IMO.

Top Bottom