• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I looked into them a while back and gave up. For the money you spend on a conversion, you can get a decent dedicated 22 pistol.

Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Yeah, that's kinda what I've been finding, too. My thinking was that by using the conversion kit, I'd be practicing with the same gun I'd be carrying. Make the trigger press, grip, etc. all the same, develop that muscle memory.

Resolution this year: Stop shooting like crap all the damn time. For that, I figure I need lots and lots of practice. I can practice with .22 for less money than I can practice with 9mm.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have an Advangage Arms .22 Conversion kit. If its clean and the ammo is good, it works well. It can be tempermental and picky about ammo, though. Overall, I'm glad I bought it.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I bought one in 2011 right after I got my 19c. Made by Ciener it works well, haven't shot it or my 19c in years. May shoot it today now that I'm thinking about it. If I remember it worked OK with standard 22 ammo.

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I have an Advantage Arms G19 kit; works great and is one of the best gun things I have spent money on. Rem Gold Bullets inexplicably run like a top, but Mini-Mag and AR Tactical are very reliable after the first hundred or so rounds. After a few hundred through the kit, CCI SV is 100% but will start to choke in a dirty gun before high velocity ammo will. Thunderbolts, AutoMatch and Fed Bulk are no bueno, though.

GREAT for introducing novice shooters and wives/kids to handguns and obviously for plinking or training. I have no problem consistently hitting a 8" steel plate at 30 yards with mine.

Their prices have come down somewhat since I got my kit, and there are more/better 22LR pistols on the market today than there were a few years ago.

I've kicked the idea around of selling my AA kit and getting a M&P22 Compact, but I kinda like being able to train with my carry pistol with the only difference being weight of the slide.

glocknroll9

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 27, 2009
    Auburn
    I have a tactical solutions conversion and I love it!! I've owned a ceiner and it was ok but I like this one the most. It uses real glock sights also so you can train with what you use. Mine has a threaded barrel so I can shot with my suppressor also. I'm a firm believer in "beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it!" I have a glock 17 and the conversion with a dedicated lower. Mine is very accurate also it's always riding with me in my gator and has dispatched plenty of critters too. The only negative is finding 22 but boost at keeps improving. I know they are pricey but I know I'm getting my money's worth. I actually found a good deal on a 17 and since the upper sat around I sold it on eBay for $325 to help pay for conversion and kept the mags.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a tactical solutions conversion and I love it!! I've owned a ceiner and it was ok but I like this one the most. It uses real glock sights also so you can train with what you use. Mine has a threaded barrel so I can shot with my suppressor also. I'm a firm believer in "beware the man with one gun, he knows how to use it!" I have a glock 17 and the conversion with a dedicated lower. Mine is very accurate also it's always riding with me in my gator and has dispatched plenty of critters too. The only negative is finding 22 but boost at keeps improving. I know they are pricey but I know I'm getting my money's worth. I actually found a good deal on a 17 and since the upper sat around I sold it on eBay for $325 to help pay for conversion and kept the mags.

Good of point in the sights. OP, if you upgraded your sights, you will also want a set of those sights if you are going for the identical practice pistol.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have an Advantage Arms G19 kit; works great and is one of the best gun things I have spent money on. Rem Gold Bullets inexplicably run like a top, but Mini-Mag and AR Tactical are very reliable after the first hundred or so rounds. After a few hundred through the kit, CCI SV is 100% but will start to choke in a dirty gun before high velocity ammo will. Thunderbolts, AutoMatch and Fed Bulk are no bueno, though.

GREAT for introducing novice shooters and wives/kids to handguns and obviously for plinking or training. I have no problem consistently hitting a 8" steel plate at 30 yards with mine.

Their prices have come down somewhat since I got my kit, and there are more/better 22LR pistols on the market today than there were a few years ago.

I've kicked the idea around of selling my AA kit and getting a M&P22 Compact, but I kinda like being able to train with my carry pistol with the only difference being weight of the slide.

I have an Advangage Arms .22 Conversion kit. If its clean and the ammo is good, it works well. It can be tempermental and picky about ammo, though. Overall, I'm glad I bought it.

I have an AA kit for my 19's (and 23's when I had them). I had one for my 26/27 as well, but sold it off earlier this year after parting with the 27. I like having a frame to put it on independent of the centerfire caliber of the same gun I am shooting during the same session. So if I am shooting one of my 19's, I have another setup with the kit.

The benefit is that you get the same exact trigger pull, etc as your carry gun. I have had mine for a few years and have used it quite a bit in the past (I did not shoot as much this year as I have in the past, but am working on rectifying that). I even used mine for the first half of a class one time, and then shot the second half with the centerfire.

I also outfitted mine with an almost identical sight to what I carry on my 19 (The 19 has Trijicon HD's and my AA kit has Ameriglo Hackathorn's that has a dead front vial).

I also have a bunch of mags for my AA kit to allow me to move and drop mags just like I would do with my 19 during a training session. Back when Cal's Sporting Armory was still around I was able to pick up mags for it for less than $13 a mag, so I stocked up. I haven't tried to look for additional mags for a while, so not sure what they run these days.

As others have stated, I use mine exclusively with Remington Golden Bullet. Advantage Arms has specific ammo brands that will work due to bullet shape. It will not cycle Federal champion.

If you are looking at them, make sure you buy the kit that fits the generation of Glock you have. There are specific versions for Gen 3 vs Gen 4 on the compact and full size guns. If I recall correctly the subcompact kits will work om both Gens.

Only real concern I have now is that since I sold my 23's, all but one of my 19's is a Gen 4. I use the kit I have on my last Gen 3, 19 and then shoot one of my Gen 4 19's at the range, so it is not exactly the same setup, but close enough.

US Tactical seems to have some decent prices on them: http://ustacticalsupply.com/advanta...m_campaign=Black+Friday+2015&utm_medium=email

I bought both of my kits from Plainfield Shooting Supply as Bob carried them at the time. Haven't checked recently to see if he has them or what his current pricing is.

Here is an FAQ on the Advantage Arms Glock kits: http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GlockFAQ

Here is some info from AA on ammo preferences: http://advantagearms.hostasaurus.com/mm5/RecomendedAmmo.pdf

Last edited:
    Top Bottom