• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    OK, I picked up a used Generation 2 19. The guy I got it from was the first owner and he only shot a few hundred rnds thru it. It was pretty cruddy and I gave it a good cleaning. When I stripped it down I noticed that on the right side plastic frame rail (it kinda narrows to a point, its longer than the one on the left) has some light scratches/gouges on it. I was reading that all these do is act as a guide for reinstalling the slide. Is that true? Would this be something I should be concerned with? I may try to get pics posted of it. Also, would CLP hurt the polymer frame? Havn't used it yet but it needs a good hose down.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you're refering to the area directly behind the locking block on the side of your slide release, I would think as long as its not so roughed up that it could possibly impede slide movement, you'd be fine.

Other than making the frame slippery, CLP is fine. If you do get some on the polymer, just wipe it off.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Here is the pic of the frame rail. The slide operates just fine and there doesn't seem to be any hang up. The pic makes it look worse than it actually is. Should I try to smooth it some maybe with some emry cloth? Also, I've been reading about some kind of recall/factory suggested refurb on the early serial numbers??? Any help would be great....
    picture.php

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I don't think you should have any concerns but if you do contact Glock. They are notorious for taking ancient guns from the 15th owner and going through them and insuring everything is kosher; sometimes you will get back your gun with completely replaced parts free of charge. I'd just call and explain that you have an older Glock 19 with some wear and see if they'd let you send a pic and go from there. Worst case is they replace your frame for free.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here is the pic of the frame rail. The slide operates just fine and there doesn't seem to be any hang up. The pic makes it look worse than it actually is. Should I try to smooth it some maybe with some emry cloth? Also, I've been reading about some kind of recall/factory suggested refurb on the early serial numbers??? Any help would be great....
    picture.php

Hitting it lightly with emry cloth wouldn't be needed unless there are high spots around the gouge.

Only thing I think I would do is make it a point in the future to check every so often to see if it is continuing to happen. If it doesn't appear to worsen, I would be content to write it off as possible rough reassmbly sometime in the past...

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Hitting it lightly with emry cloth wouldn't be needed unless there are high spots around the gouge.

Only thing I think I would do is make it a point in the future to check every so often to see if it is continuing to happen. If it doesn't appear to worsen, I would be content to write it off as possible rough reassmbly sometime in the past...
    Yea, I was wondering if there was a little not so gentle re-assembly in the past. There isn't anything noticeably wrong with the slide. I'll just check it time to time and shoot the snot out of it...! :)

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    As others have said, I would call Glock and see what they say. There is only upside in doing so.
    I called Glock and all they said was I could send the pistol in and they would go over it. I also called Bradis (awesome guys by the way) and they didn't think it was anything to really worry about... I don't want to be without right now :) But since it's an older model I'll probably send it in later this summer anyway.....

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I called Glock and all they said was I could send the pistol in and they would go over it. I also called Bradis (awesome guys by the way) and they didn't think it was anything to really worry about... I don't want to be without right now :) But since it's an older model I'll probably send it in later this summer anyway.....

Yeah from what I have heard, Glock keeps them for awhile when they are working on it. I would definitely give them a chance to go over it whenever you find time to be without it.

It will probably shoot just fine though. I have a G17 that has thousands of rounds through it and lots of wear. It runs just fine.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    btw, glock will fix it. I got a 27 and one magazine would only load 8 not 9 rounds. The guy said "send it back, write Fred a note, and I will replace it no cost. Also ill throw in a few extra goodies for your time"

I buy glock because they are reliable. But IF youre in the minority where you get defects, they ALWAYS go above and beyond to make things right.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom