• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My guess would be the connector needs to be "diddled" (Harry's description not mine).. Could be a rough spot on the connector or it needs a little more tension. It almost takes a "perfect storm" of events to have this happen in an unmolested Glock but it's certainly possible. Not at all unusual on a molested Glock. Wish you were closer, I would be happy to diddle it for you. I diddled Harry's free but I enjoy diddling.:lmfao:
    [FONT=&]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&] /[/FONT][FONT=&] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Bout time you showed up. "Dilly Dilly"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Check out your trigger return spring and make sure it's in one piece.

After I ran one of my 34s about 18k rounds I had one fail... it would still fire but not reset the trigger 100% of the time.

Shouldn't happen on a new pistol..but hope this helps. :ingo:

Edit: it would still fire meaning after it broke it would not always leave the trigger not reset. Sometimes the slide inertia would be enough for it to "bounce" back. Shot only 7-8 rounds like this fyi.

Holy crap! Don't scare me like that! You just show up out of the blue and post a message!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My guess would be the connector needs to be "diddled" (Harry's description not mine).. Could be a rough spot on the connector or it needs a little more tension. It almost takes a "perfect storm" of events to have this happen in an unmolested Glock but it's certainly possible. Not at all unusual on a molested Glock. Wish you were closer, I would be happy to diddle it for you. I diddled Harry's free but I enjoy diddling.:lmfao:
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper
    Yikes. I just watched a video on diddling with the connector. They were poking pins out and removing all kinds of parts. I will wait to see if it does it again before tackling that.
    I have noticed in people's descriptions that changing the connector is very common on glocks...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Check out your trigger return spring and make sure it's in one piece.

After I ran one of my 34s about 18k rounds I had one fail... it would still fire but not reset the trigger 100% of the time.

Shouldn't happen on a new pistol..but hope this helps. :ingo:

Edit: it would still fire meaning after it broke it would not always leave the trigger not reset. Sometimes the slide inertia would be enough for it to "bounce" back. Shot only 7-8 rounds like this fyi.
    I didn't remove anything but the springs look to be in place.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yikes. I just watched a video on diddling with the connector. They were poking pins out and removing all kinds of parts. I will wait to see if it does it again before tackling that.
    I have noticed in people's descriptions that changing the connector is very common on glocks...
    I just picked up another G19-4 and I'm waiting on the factory OEM 3.5lb connector for mine.
    I'll replace that, put in a trigger stop, have Jason at Elmores undercut the trigger guard, and put a new set of night sights on it.
    That's as far as I need to "personalize" my Glocks.
    I love me some 1911 action but I depend on my Glocks every day.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Objectively Awesome >>> Claims of Perfection
    When I was shooting the P220 yesterday, I played with the short reset some. Had to be careful though as I fired off a couple double taps and it jumped up more than with my M11.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You lube Glocks?

Are you sure?

Someone once told me to clean mine. He obviously was not a Glock owner.
    See that is what I thought. I even saw some guys complaining the new ones came with too much grease on them, so it never occurred to me that I needed to lube it up first.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I was shooting the P220 yesterday, I played with the short reset some. Had to be careful though as I fired off a couple double taps and it jumped up more than with my M11.

Is that your first with the SRT parts? It makes a huge difference!

Of course, it only took Sig until the 21st century to get a reset that's almost as short at the third gen S&W pistols from the 90s!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    See that is what I thought. I even saw some guys complaining the new ones came with too much grease on them, so it never occurred to me that I needed to lube it up first.

I should have used at least a little purple. But I had a Gen 3 that I ran until I couldn't stand it any more and had to clean and lube it because my 1911-receptor in my brain said I had to do it.

I certainly hope the new 19's don't have issues. I think it's probably the best defensive pistol for the common man that exists in today's market.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

If you decide to take it apart, the trigger pin should come out without a hammer:ugh:. Also make sure you the the trigger bar hooked back into the housing for the trigger spring. This is completely different on a Gen 5 than the 2, 3, and 4th gens but the same as 42/43 pistols. You tube can be helpful but not always reliable info. Just a little tip. Too much lube will stop a Glock before not enough lube.
    If you get stuck PM me for my number and I'll try to walk you through it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I just picked up another G19-4 and I'm waiting on the factory OEM 3.5lb connector for mine.
    I'll replace that, put in a trigger stop, have Jason at Elmores undercut the trigger guard, and put a new set of night sights on it.
    That's as far as I need to "personalize" my Glocks.
    I love me some 1911 action but I depend on my Glocks every day.

If Jason doesn't have a minus connector let me know, I believe I can scare one up. Ghost 3.5 is the same thing..
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I had the pleasure of shooting 100 rds of 115 gr Magtech 9mm through a Reno Nevada G-19 Gen 5, range rental on Sunday, loved it, no issues. May get on SR Jenkins G-19-5 list when I get back home.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is that your first with the SRT parts? It makes a huge difference!

Of course, it only took Sig until the 21st century to get a reset that's almost as short at the third gen S&W pistols from the 90s!
    No, I have played with the SRT on my M11-A1 a few times. It is really fun, when you get in the zone and put about 10 rounds in just a few seconds and keep it on target, even though my hands have crept up a few inches.

Top Bottom