• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    The 30274 ejector solved my issues... I put 3 15rnd mags thru it yesterday - firing thru the last one just as fast as I could.

I took zero brass towards my face, and a friend who was with me observed a "rainbow shaped arch" of brass spitting out the side to my 4:00...

I'd rather that they were going just a bit further than they were, but I was using cheap 115gr walmart stuff... and the situation is so much improved that I'm declaring this one a keeper.

Pain in the ballz? Yes... Fixed? I'd say so.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    Has anybody installed the 30274 ejector and not had it fix the problem?
    My gen 4 Glock 19 has the 30274 ejector and still shoots casings back at me. My gen 3 26 has since day one, but it has the 336 ejector. I just called Glock, and their answer to me was to send the guns on my dime back for them to fix it. I was not happy at all. I hear there are some nice M&Ps out there, and for the service and response I got from Glock today, in describing issues that are just like many in this thread, to have them tell me to send it back on my dime when many of you have received shipping labels, is an insult. I'm likely done with Glock...

Last edited:

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    My gen 4 Glock 19 has the 30274 ejector and still shoots casings back at me. My gen 3 26 has since day one, but it has the 336 ejector. I just called Glock, and their answer to me was to send the guns on my dime back for them to fix it. I was not happy at all. I hear there are some nice M&Ps out there, and for the service and response I got from Glock today, in describing issues that are just like many in this thread, to have them tell me to send it back on my dime when many of you have received shipping labels, is an insult. I'm likely done with Glock...

I agree with you that the answer you got was unacceptable - that said, I think you should call back, get another tech, describe your issue, and as soon as they tell you to send it in, ask them to send you a FedEx label. I did this, and received a label... I solved the issue myself with a new extractor & ejector and didn't use my label (which has since expired), however, they do offer this and I suspect if you ask about it, you'll get it.

As for your Gen4, I'd make sure that you have a fresh extractor and the latest RSA. Also, you can put the 30274 ejector in your 26 as well, tho I'd again start with a fresh RSA and extractor first.

Admittedly, you shouldn't have to go thru all this drama, let alone any drama for that matter, to get a Glock to function correctly... that said, for folks that bought used/privately, or don't have a lot of cash/time to throw around on new guns, finding a solution that works seems to a valid route to take.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    I agree with you that the answer you got was unacceptable - that said, I think you should call back, get another tech, describe your issue, and as soon as they tell you to send it in, ask them to send you a FedEx label. I did this, and received a label... I solved the issue myself with a new extractor & ejector and didn't use my label (which has since expired), however, they do offer this and I suspect if you ask about it, you'll get it.

As for your Gen4, I'd make sure that you have a fresh extractor and the latest RSA. Also, you can put the 30274 ejector in your 26 as well, tho I'd again start with a fresh RSA and extractor first.

Admittedly, you shouldn't have to go thru all this drama, let alone any drama for that matter, to get a Glock to function correctly... that said, for folks that bought used/privately, or don't have a lot of cash/time to throw around on new guns, finding a solution that works seems to a valid route to take.

Thank you for your kind reply. I will give them another try...I love my Glocks, and even raining brass, they still are awesome firearms. I would never have bought either (one from Bradis new, one from a local fellow who bought it new and had to sell it before he even shot it), and love the accuracy and the ease of use. I just wish Glock seemed to 'care' about this issue with my guns....

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Is this just a hit or miss problem? I've shot a stock rented 19 and all the brass wanted to hit you in the forehead. But on the other side my G19 fires perfectly always ejecting clear of the shooter. :dunno:

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    It's a constant problem on my 19. On my 26, it is a light (115 gr) issue. Heavier does change it. But, that's still a problem to me. And, my 26 has the dreaded 336 ejector, and it has done that since I bought it. The 19 has too, but the 19 is a gen 4 with the newer ejector and recoil spring.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    All I fire is 115gr. Federal bulk for target and hornady for sd. Both run great in the one I have. I had to fire 115gr independence in the rental and it was a nightmare. It went bang every time just duck.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Wish you were closer, I would love to play with it a little and see if I could fix it.
    Sadly, I just contacted Glock on behalf of a customer that has the same problem with his Gen 4 G-26 and was told the same thing, response below.

Charlie,

Have the customer send in the pistol we need to test the pistol to see what is going on with it. I looked up the pistol and it has all up to date parts. I am sending the info for it to be returned. Thanks

Info was a PDF but it was clear that he would be shipping on his dime and possibly waiting several weeks for the return. I'm really disappointed in their "fix" for what was obviously a cost cutting measure on their part gone bad. I think my customer is going to opt to buy a new extractor from me to try to solve the problem or like you possibly just send the problem down the road to another user. I can't believe that Glock would let their reputation for reliability go down the drain so easily but when the "bean counters" get control common sense is thrown out the window. There's a huge thread on Glock Talk about this below, hope it helps.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1402990

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I put the 30274 ejector, a new extractor, and a new RSA in my gen3 G19. It is better, but still not perfect. I haven't had any 6 o'clock ejections, but it still sprays anywhere from 3 to 5 o'clock.

And NHT3 did a GREAT trigger job on it for me.

Bugoutbob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    South Bend

I've had a very similar experience with my Gen 3 G26. I called Glock and I felt like I was bothering the customer service representative and he said they would need the gun back and I would have to pay for shipping. Thinking I just might have gotten a bad rep, I called back a couple days later and explained again that my issue had been happening from day one and again received the canned response to just send it back. I actually asked directly if they could send me a prepaid label but was denied. As a last resort I emailed Glock directly asking them if this was indeed how they feel customer service should be and never got a reply... and I suppose my answer.

So last week I went to Midwest and picked up my M&P 9c and couldn't be happier. I just got to shoot it today and I'm more accurate and it just feels better in my hands than my Glock. In the end I guess I have to thank Glock for being crappy, I now have a gun that is hands down a better fit for me.

The sad part is that I had no issues with Glock and I tried 3 times to get things worked out. Ill probably pay for the parts to fix the issue and keep it as a backup since I doubt I could sell it for much. I'm glad Glock is making so much money they don't need me as a customer anymore. Live and learn I guess...

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I just surpassed 800 rounds in my gen3 19. It has the cheap ejector and is now ejecting erratically. My eife's hair was burnt from hot brass, not fun. Anyways, I shot it and brass was bouncing off my hat and typically from 4 to 6.

For the armourers...is this an extractor or an ejector issue? I'm going to try to contact the shop I got it from and see if he can contact glock to get my new parts, and if it continues to be an issue I will get an M&P. Very disappointed right now.

Top Bottom