• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'd use a heavier trigger spring with the factory connector personally.

About the only mod I think really benefits a glock. You get a much crisper break with the factory connector, but the stronger trigger spring takes about half a pound off the trigger. It's also a beefier and stronger spring, so it's a little tougher.

I don't think they make the ghost rocket ultimate connector anymore, the one with the overtravel tab you file. I love that connector and have one in my G20c. I don't care for the other connectors out there though.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    id like front serrations as well as some on the top of the slide in the rear.
    Please don't think I am trying to undercut your sales in any way, but milling the slide is a want, not a need, and nearly the same can be accomplished by adding skate board or floor tape, and it isn't permanent! If he decides the G is t right for him, "custom" Glocks hardly ever get back the $$'s invested. On the other hand, stock G's generally command used prices that rival new!

Ooops, I thought I was quoting Allen's post!?!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I should also say, you need to put roughly 1k of rounds through it before you start dicking with any internals/externals. The things I mentioned above are helpful for most any shooter. Undercutting the trigger guard IMO is a good mod that won't affect resale. Stippling, may or may not affect resale. But for reality sake, you're not going to deck out this g19, sell it, and then go buy a M&P 9 pro are you?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    take your g19 sell it and save you money for a 1911

But in all seriousness undercut the triggerguard and stipple the grips. put skateboard tape on you base plates. I like front slide serrations. My brother has a grip force adapter on his duty gun and loves it. Then shoot the crap out of it.

MTFisher93

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Terre Haute, IN
    I should also say, you need to put roughly 1k of rounds through it before you start dicking with any internals/externals. The things I mentioned above are helpful for most any shooter. Undercutting the trigger guard IMO is a good mod that won't affect resale. Stippling, may or may not affect resale. But for reality sake, you're not going to deck out this g19, sell it, and then go buy a M&P 9 pro are you?

no i am keeping this gun for a very long time! i have a M&P Shield and i love it i just wanted something a tad larger. i looked in the the M&P VTac, but i figured i could get a Glock 19 (blue label price) and make it exactly what i want for the same price as the VTac. i just want to make this a gun that i am super comfortable with. i have put 700+ rounds through it stock and just recently decided i wanted to do a little to it to make it a custom pistol for me. like replacing the back plate with a laser cut one with the Air Force symbol. thought about maybe doing a ZEV trigger kit. and the serations would be nice but im not sure.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My bad, I thought it beared repeating again. If youd like I can make a formal statement that "You said it first"? Or ill edit my post so I don't steal your glory? LMK friend
    Not what I meant at all, you're right it did need repeating, just stating that I didn't think it would matter!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    ni have put 700+ rounds through it stock and just recently decided i wanted to do a little to it to make it a custom pistol for me. like replacing the back plate with a laser cut one with the Air Force symbol. thought about maybe doing a ZEV trigger kit. and the serations would be nice but im not sure.

Seems like you're more concerned with the aesthetics of the pistol than the function. That's all fine if that's what you're into, but you asked about making it an "ultimate fighting pistol", which a Glock 19 is set up very well for with just the addition of your preferred night sights.

Any pistol is just a pistol no matter how much you dick with it/grind on it/replace parts of it. The "fighting" part, whether ultimate or otherwise, rests solely on the competency of the person operating it.

I'd put more stock in the skill level of the owner of this:

ih7ivd.jpg

Than the owner of this:

10534719_509362665861235_6567362890903920562_n.jpg

Take your G19 (or if it doesn't fit you, find something that does), get some training, and shoot the snot out of it.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    Like others have said, it's a Glock 19. Replace the sights. If you replace/change anything, I wouldn't use anything but Glock OEM parts. Glock makes guns/parts for people who truly depend on them (LE/Military), not competition shooters. If you want a combat pistol. Keep it the way Glock intended. Buy some ammo, train. That's all.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    AllenM you were one of the guys I was told about as far as milling goes. I've seen some pics of your work and I was impressed. I'd love to talk further on pricing and what your capabilities are! As for the RMR I'm not a huge fan plus pretty pricy.

Allen is the man on the slide milling/melt jobs. If you want to change the look a bit, or add some serrations, Allen would be the guy to do it. He did a slide melt job on a gen 3 Glock 19 for me.

Is this a Gen 3 or 4 we are talking about (sorry if I missed that somewhere). Either way, a Vickers mag release is a good option. This is one of the few enhancements I do to my Glocks. There are different models for the gen 3 & 4.

Here's an example of a Gen 4:
    these can be had for about $16 and is an easy DIY.

You said you already have sights handled, but if you decide to change them out, etc I strongly prefer the Trijicon HDs.

Other than that, if it is a Gen 3, might look at Talon grips or some grip tape, or a professional stipple job.

I may send one of mine off one day for this treatment (I particularly like the bobtail) at Cold Bore Customs:

Bobtail1.jpg

FreeFAL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I like a Vickers extended mag release, Glock OEM slide release, sights (personal decision) and grip plug. Would stipple a Gen 3 but I don't think Gen 4 really needs that done.

Top Bottom