• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    RK Guns has the Ruger on sale for $499. That's a great deal on solid rifle that will get you started. And as DH just said you can easily upgrade/replace parts if needed as time goes on.

Just a heads up to those that might not realize, the Ruger does have some proprietary parts.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I didn't know that. I had only read one review and they made a point to mention that it didn't have proprietary parts except for the Delta ring. But to be honest I don't know enough about ARs to truly know how that may affect other parts. https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/everymans-ar-ruger-ar-556-full-review/

I guess "proprietary" isn't exactly the right word. Maybe, nonstandard would be a better description.

You're right on the threaded delta ring, but it also has a front sight tower that's pinned on opposite side which can affect gas-block mods.

I'm read that Ruger is also weird about bolts and head spacing and that they won't sell bolts by themselves and insists on fitting replacement bolts to individual rifles.

I don't have one, so I have no personal experience with the Ruger AR556.

Top Bottom