• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    I ask because my wife wants to shoot my glock but she can't pull the slide back. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% sure but if I put a lighter recoil spring in that would mean the slide would be easier to pull back. But it would also affect recoil accuracy and Maby create the need for lighter loads.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I ask because my wife wants to shoot my glock but she can't pull the slide back. Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% sure but if I put a lighter recoil spring in that would mean the slide would be easier to pull back. But it would also affect recoil accuracy and Maby create the need for lighter loads.

Wheel gun.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I thought they were 17lbs? I could be wrong. Look up "Glock Store" on google. They have a tungsten guide rod with your choice of spring (as low as 11lbs) for $49.99 plus shipping. The tungsten guide rod will help "reduce" some muzzle rise during shooting.

Good Luck!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hint on racking the slide:

Instead of pinching the slide with the off hand and using that same hand to pull the slide back, try this -

Get a better "palm contact" grip on the slide with the off hand, and then PUSH with the grip hand at the same time coming back with the off hand.

This utilizes both whole hands to rack the slide, rather than just a few fingers pinching it.

-J-

bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    Indy guy. I had her try that and she still couldn't pull it back smoothly. And as far as the revolver that means I would have to buy another gun, don't get me wrong I am all for new guns but that isn't a financial option right now. I am just trying to find a way to make the slide easier to pull back for now.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Like Indy Guy 77 said, I would try working on different techniques with her before changing spring weight.

If just not possible for her, the factory weight spring is 17 lbs. Wolff gun springs does make a polished non captive rod that will work with their springs of varying weights.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Lighter recoil spring will "hammer" the locking surfaces a little more.. If she's using the proper technique just let her play with it and possibly she will gain a little strength and confidence and be able to handle it.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    You can always rest the front of the rear sight on the edge of a cabinet or something and push down. This is how I do one hand reload drills and it works great for me. I've used everything from pants pockets to my shoe. Haven't had any issues with the sights yet.

Littlejoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Elrod Indiana
    They make a little bar or hoop you can put on the back of the slide to help her pull the slide. I just seen some on ebay,and the are cheap. I have seen guys that shoot compition use them because they have optics on top of the gun and can't put there hands on the slide.. I would try this before I would start messing with the springs... Hope this helps.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Here's a different version

51s%2Bx4ovOWL._AA300_.jpg

51iEZzONRnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Glock Tactical Charging Handle / Slide Pull Assist: Everything Else

This one doesn't hang over the side of the slide in case that is an issue, but might still make it difficult to carry.

Top Bottom