• ...and so much more!
  • SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Okay guys and gals, I need your :twocents:

My husband and I have been debating my concealed carry weapon. Im leaning towards the glock 26 with extended mags, I believe its just a tad smaller than the glock 19 and will be a bit easier to conceal, being that I am not a big woman at all. Now the hubby thinks if Im using the extended mags which does increase the size of the g26 I might as well not bother and just carry the g19 instead.

My point is I want it to be easy to conceal and even if its not much smaller than the g19 theres still a difference...He thinks its not a substantial enough difference to matter though.....

He will support whatever gun I choose but he wants to make sure that Im going to be sure of and confident with the weapon I choose...I like both but Id like some more opinions on the matter.

so let me know what you all think...thanks:popcorn:

Last edited:

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Carry the 19 as primary and the 26 as your back-up?! Problem solved or just buy both and alternate carry! Either way you get two instead of just one! Win! Win!

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I have three Glocks, a 34, a 19 and a 26. Here is a photo with them stacked on top of one another. The 26 has a +2 on it. This clearly shows the size difference between the 19 and the 26 with +2. Even with the +2 the butt of the G26 is smaller than the 19, enough that it does make a difference in concealment and comfort.

picture.php

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I have the G26 for cc and love it. You can always used a standard g26 (10 rounder) for cc and have pinky extensions for extra carry mags (or G17, G19, 32 round mags for that matter). Either one will be a winner. :yesway:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Glocks are great guns. I used to carry a G26. But if concealing is your main objective, why not look at a single stack like a Kahr? Granted it's 2-3 less rounds you can carry, but I've always been taught that if you need more than a revolver can carry, you are somewhere you shouldn't have been anyway.
    Just my 2 cents. Good luck in your search.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I have three Glocks, a 34, a 19 and a 26. Here is a photo with them stacked on top of one another. The 26 has a +2 on it. This clearly shows the size difference between the 19 and the 26 with +2. Even with the +2 the butt of the G26 is smaller than the 19, enough that it does make a difference in concealment and comfort.

picture.php

A picture is worth a thousand words. I have a brother who is in the same dilema( I carry a 19). I guess you can't go wrong either way.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Carry the 26 with 10 round magazines, as long as you can shoot it well. The size makes a difference.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Which are you more confident shooting? If its a draw, go with the g26. It is easier to conceal which is its intended purpose. Either way, you'll have an amazing weapon! G19 is my EDC and my wife chose the G19 for her home defense weapon. She, at this time, doesn't carry but is planning on getting her pink. She chose the LCP for her when she does begin carrying. She shot and handled a P3AT, LCP, G26, and M&P9c. It was no contest for her. She loved that LCP so I bought it. Me personally, I like the G26 but that wasn't her choice and I knew she'd be far more likely to actually carry if she really liked her firearm.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Just go with what you feel comfortable carrying. I have the 17, 19 and 26, I OC and CC with all. To me depends on what I am wearing and where I am going.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Okay guys and gals, I need your :twocents:

My husband and I have been debating my concealed carry weapon. Im leaning towards the glock 26 with extended mags, I believe its just a tad smaller than the glock 19 and will be a bit easier to conceal, being that I am not a big woman at all. Now the hubby thinks if Im using the extended mags which does increase the size of the g26 I might as well not bother and just carry the g19 instead.
    I agree with your husband.

I have both a G26 and a G19. Both will conceal with my MTAC, but the G26 conceals much better with the smaller magazine. If you go with a G26, I suggest getting Concealable Control floor plates. They offer a little more control with the shorter grip length, but are still able to be concealed.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    In light of the popularity of the 19/23, one might ask themselves "Why did Glock bother with the 26/27 when the slightly larger models are such a great choice?"

Well, they are a great choice; they shoot and conceal well. Even so, the baby Glocks are just a little smaller, lighter, and have a somewhat lower standard capacity, yet still accept larger mags from the same caliber.

It would seem that, where concealment is the higher priority, the smaller Glock will win out. Yeah, I know, the 19/23 are only marginally larger, though it apparently makes a difference for enough people to be "significant," rather than "marginal."

I haven't heard a lot (any?) complaint of the baby Glocks suffering from its shorter sight radius. On the contrary, quite a few complement its ability as such a compact shooter.

Still, when all is said and done, either would be a great choice for anyone looking at a new (or used) Glock! :yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    what is the point of the 26 if you are going to extend the magazine out to 19 length?

think about it, you run the length of the barrel down you pants, so you don't really notice that. There is no difference in the width of these two guns, so the only difference is the length the grip extends out.

If you are going to extend the grip, you may as well go ahead and go with the G19 and take advantage of the longer sight radius.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I can pocket carry a G26. My G19 barely fits in my pocket due to the longer barrel/slide. As a matter of fact, the grip sticks out of the pocket (Wrangler jeans btw).

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    I chose the G26 for my EDC because of size. Later, I noticed sometimes my little finger dangled and was an annoyance. Now I have all my magazines with the extender. Comfort level is better. Printing hasn't been an issue since I bought it. My :twocents:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    what is the point of the 26 if you are going to extend the magazine out to 19 length?

think about it, you run the length of the barrel down you pants, so you don't really notice that. There is no difference in the width of these two guns, so the only difference is the length the grip extends out.

If you are going to extend the grip, you may as well go ahead and go with the G19 and take advantage of the longer sight radius.

I'd agree if the OP was planning on always carrying it with a 19 or 17 mag in it.

However, I carry a 27 but the spare mags that I carry are for a 23. The mag in the gun is the flush fit for the 27 for concealment purposes. (I train with both types of mags at the range).

I'd advocate the 26 if you were going to carry a 26 mag in it with 19 or 17 mags as backups. As Hickman said though, if you are going to always carry it with 19 or 17 mags in it, then go with the 19.

That said I did recently also purchase a 23 and will likely swap from time to time which I carry, depending on dress/circumstances, etc.

All that said, what holster/method of carry does the OP utilize? That may determine how much of a factor it is as well.

Top Bottom