• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have the G19 and G26.

I have always carried the G19. And I can conceal it easily with the MTAC holster and Raven Concealment holster.

I recently bought the G26. I've found that I can shoot it fairly well without the extended finger grips. So I don't use them. The G26 is going to be my summer carry gun. It's lighter, easier to conceal.

Winter time, I'll move back to my G19.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    what is the point of the 26 if you are going to extend the magazine out to 19 length?

think about it, you run the length of the barrel down you pants, so you don't really notice that. There is no difference in the width of these two guns, so the only difference is the length the grip extends out.

If you are going to extend the grip, you may as well go ahead and go with the G19 and take advantage of the longer sight radius.

Exactly! This is what I'm always asking the people who carry the sub-compacts with extensions. The barrel length is irrelevant. It's easy to conceal. The grip is the difficult part to conceal. As the pictures that were posted earlier in the thread show, a 26 with extensions will be no easier to conceal than a 19. Add in the benefits of choosing a 19 over a 26 (i.e.-capacity, sight radius) and to me it's a no brainer.

I own a 19, 23, & 27 and have found myself carrying the 19 more than anything else. I carry the 27 only when I need a higher level of concealment.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Carry the 19 as primary and the 26 as your back-up?! Problem solved or just buy both and alternate carry! Either way you get two instead of just one! Win! Win!

haha sounds good to me!
    I definatly will eventually have both, either way. its just which one is going to be joining our collection first?!?!

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I have three Glocks, a 34, a 19 and a 26. Here is a photo with them stacked on top of one another. The 26 has a +2 on it. This clearly shows the size difference between the 19 and the 26 with +2. Even with the +2 the butt of the G26 is smaller than the 19, enough that it does make a difference in concealment and comfort.

picture.php

thanks for the visual this actually really did help!! :)

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Glocks are great guns. I used to carry a G26. But if concealing is your main objective, why not look at a single stack like a Kahr? Granted it's 2-3 less rounds you can carry, but I've always been taught that if you need more than a revolver can carry, you are somewhere you shouldn't have been anyway.
    Just my 2 cents. Good luck in your search.

Ive definatly considered other 9mm's but it just seems glocks rep on reliability, quality, and durability exceeds its competitors. I first considered the ruger sr9-c. I loved how that gun felt and shot, BUT i hated how it disassembled and the fact that its accessories, holsters, ect. are not as easily found as glocks seem to be.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Thanks everyone this really helped! Like I said I like both and will eventually have both but which one joins our family first, is the question.

Some of you have made good points similar to my husbands, BUT my point is even with a +1 or +2 mag extension its still going to be a tad bit smaller than the 19. I have alot to think about before I decide which one to get first....

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    I own both, plus a G17. I carry the G26 with the magazine finger addition on the magazines. In my opinion, it is smaller and easier to carry than the G19. Get the G26, add night sights and two or three different types of carry holsters (ankle, hip, etc...), you can't go wrong! Don't forget to practice, practice, practice. :)

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I own both, plus a G17. I carry the G26 with the magazine finger addition on the magazines. In my opinion, it is smaller and easier to carry than the G19. Get the G26, add night sights and two or three different types of carry holsters (ankle, hip, etc...), you can't go wrong! Don't forget to practice, practice, practice. :)

Thanks. Good ideas. I plan on getting another smaller gun as a back up and ill carry it in a boot holster and/or ankle holster.

I believe practice is key. and range time is ALWAYS great no matter the purpose...training or just to waste some ammo!!!!!!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Can't go wrong either way! Both are great guns. Everyone is different and has their own personal preference. If you really want the G26 I say go for it. I have a G23 and G27 (same size as G19 & G26) and my EDC is the G27 and I love it. It carries great all day and is a nice shooter. Don't get me wrong, the G23 is just fine for EDC as well, but I just prefer the 27 and I can tell a difference between the two.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I have the G19 and found myself not carrying it as much as I would've liked due to difficulty concealing it. I really wanted a G26 but after much research decided to go with a Kahr CM9. For me the main reason I couldn't conceal it well was the width. The grip length was also an issue but I ultimately decided to reduce both width and grip length with my new EDC. Now I never think twice about carrying it no matter what I'm wearing. I won't tell all the reasons I like te Kahr cause this about the glocks so I would say go with the 26. It will be a little easier to conceal than the 19 unless you are running the g19 mag in it.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    You can't make the G19 smaller without a saw, you can make the G26 larger with a spare mag. I've got the 40S&W twin of the G26 that I carry without extended mags when I absolutely need to be concealed. I also routinely carry a G17, both openly and concealed, because I'm a better shooter (faster, more accurate at greater distance) with the fullsize platform in the 9mm (also because of 9mm ammo costs it gets more trigger time when at the range as well). Point being, both will get the job done, so go with the method that makes you the most comfortable in the process. Now I will say the larger sight radius and increased weight of a larger gun will be easier to learn with for most people, so if you go to the G26 be willing to bring some more patience along with you; but .22 to a .45 learning to shoot a handgun takes time to acquire the skill and plenty of effort to maintain, you're going to be holding that gun alot so get what is most comfortable for you. Also the comfortable gun carried beats the uncomfortable gun left at home.

And it's a Glock, so it's only a matter of time before you're saving up to buy them all.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Glocks are great guns. I used to carry a G26. But if concealing is your main objective, why not look at a single stack like a Kahr? Granted it's 2-3 less rounds you can carry, but I've always been taught that if you need more than a revolver can carry, you are somewhere you shouldn't have been anyway.
    Just my 2 cents. Good luck in your search.
    Like he said! Consider the width of the pistol too when thinking about concealability. Before you get the G26, you might want to think about it fits with your wardrobe. There's a fine line between having a gun you can conceal, and having to dress yourself around the gun--"Where's my bowling shirt?":)

0scarM!ke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    I'm telling you what Ash...go 26. I carried a 23 for years (same size as 19 dimensionally) and when the weather gets hotter, and the clothes and cover garments get lighter....you will strain to properly conceal the 19! I had a negative stigma that the subs were to difficult to shoot. WOW, what an ignorant thought on my behalf. The 26 is a quick pointer. And the recoil is nill. You are looking for a CCW...DON'T install the +2. Carry another mag..eiter 19 or 17 (Obviously the 33 rounders are a retarded option...unless you are Lara Croft). Glock designed the 26 mag to hold 10 round PERIOD. What good would a 12 round magazine do that doesn't reliably feed when you need it the most?

I'm telling you what...the 26 is small enough I could conceal in in a speedo ;)..but seriously at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. If you go 19, and you put on a top that's just a little Snug (as most women tend to wear) and it prints INSANE...you'll likely leave home without it. And what good does that do you.

What you ultimately need if you can afford it is a system. A 17 for rangework, 19 for winter CCW, and 26 for the rest of the year.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I'm telling you what Ash...go 26. I carried a 23 for years (same size as 19 dimensionally) and when the weather gets hotter, and the clothes and cover garments get lighter....you will strain to properly conceal the 19! I had a negative stigma that the subs were to difficult to shoot. WOW, what an ignorant thought on my behalf. The 26 is a quick pointer. And the recoil is nill. You are looking for a CCW...DON'T install the +2. Carry another mag..eiter 19 or 17 (Obviously the 33 rounders are a retarded option...unless you are Lara Croft). Glock designed the 26 mag to hold 10 round PERIOD. What good would a 12 round magazine do that doesn't reliably feed when you need it the most?

I'm telling you what...the 26 is small enough I could conceal in in a speedo ;)..but seriously at the end of the day, that's what it's all about. If you go 19, and you put on a top that's just a little Snug (as most women tend to wear) and it prints INSANE...you'll likely leave home without it. And what good does that do you.

What you ultimately need if you can afford it is a system. A 17 for rangework, 19 for winter CCW, and 26 for the rest of the year.

hahaa thanks for the advice!! Im really thinking I am gonna go with the 26 first but i wana review it a bit more.... and eventually I WILL have that "system"!!!

I definatly will carry extra 19 mags if I decide to go with the 26, cause if **** goes down I wana make sure I have lots of firepower!!

theres nothing wrong with the 33 rounders....you never know I might be just like lara croft:draw:

beevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Speedway
    There is a significant difference in size between the G26 and G19. If I could start all over again, I'd probably go G26/G27 with the flush magazine and carry the bigger mags as backups.

Top Bottom