• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Glock 26. You can make the Glock 26 bigger (using the Glock 19 mags and grip extension) but you cannot make the Glock 19 smaller.

A Glock 26 is very versatile. Easy to CC when using the stock flush fitting mags, but when you can carry and aren't concerned about printing then you can use either the G26 mags with pinky extension or the G19 mags with the grip extension.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I vote for the g26. IT accepts mags from all 9mm models, and you can get spacers that make the grip match the longer mags. As for functionality I went with the g27 and do the sdame thing with 40 S&W AND 9mm since I have a conversion barrel. (~125$)

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    I say the 26. Like has already been said you can carry it in your pocket comfortably then if you need more grip it is easily added. Both are very good guns wouldn't knock either one.

draytime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I just picked up my first Glock today, 26 G4. I'm pretty excited about it.
    I just need a couple 33rd mags if anyone has one or two.

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I have the 26 and big hands I regret it even with the mag extension go with the 19
    This, whatever fits your Hands the best, there both fairly easy to conceal. I have gun buying issues so I just bought both.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    The 26 is lighter, easier to conceal (even with mag extensions), takes 15 or 17 round mags, and I shoot my 26 better than my 19.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I'm a 26 guy all the way. You can add larger mags to it; but you can't make the 19 any smaller.

In the end... do what's right for you. :yesway:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Either one will be a great buy and choice. If you want the maximum concealability and versatility, get the 26. It's physically smaller (length and height) and you can still use all of the 9mm Glock mags, up to the 33 round G18 mag, in it. I, personally carry a 19 in a N82 Tactical IWB holster. For me, it's perfect. The main advantage of the 26 is the size and there's not that much difference between the two. As far as the 26 having more recoil because of the smaller size, I can't accurately comment on. I've never shot one, but I would imagine it would have a little bit more felt recoil.

It's going to come down to you taking everything you get told and making the decision. Do what is going to be best for you. Either one that you choose is going to be a good choice.

Bailey06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I like both the G19 & G26.
    What i decided is i carry the G19 most of the time. But also have a Ruger LCP. This way i have a better size carry gun and capacity most of the time. Then use the LCP when you need something small. The G26 is right in the middle of these guns.

SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue
    Now does the smaller size of the 26 make it more difficult to handle the recoil?

Simple answer is yes. That being said, having shot both a decent amount. It is not much more difficult to handle the 26 than the 19 once you focus on how to grip the 26. I would say i noticed the difference in recoil the first time I shot my 26 and then, after getting my grip figured out, the difference became negligible.

To understand the difference in how the recoil feels, consider this... Assuming same ammo between both guns, and standard grip on both guns,
    The 19 has a heavier slide to take up some of the momentum and a longer grip which allows your hand to keep it from getting much muzzle rise.
    The 26 might have a bit more muzzle rise but again, if you have the grip right, by the time the slide goes forward, you wont notice a difference at all for reaquiring targets.

I hope that helps in understanding the recoil differences, basically the 19 will be less recoil than the 26 but to me, it is not really noticeable when you get the right grip.

Also, and this might be a bit off topic, but with a 19, its common to wrap your pinky around the grip for a better purchase and muzzle control. I, along with many other shooters, find that because of the mechanics of a hands grip on a gun, the pinky finger can cause problems with groupings. Many shooters often eliminate the use of this finger on guns with grips large enough to use them, myself included. So to me, my grip on a 26 and a 19 are almost the exact same, two fingers on grip.

Top Bottom