• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I got the call today, I finally got my hands on one... a Glock 21 Gen 4.

I'm not a big fan of the Gen 4 17's and 19's, I believe Glock really screwed up with those changes. The 9mm just doesn't work well with the new spring design, the guns are over sprung and Glock is struggling to deal with it.

But the .45 ACP, now that has potential. I'll find out here soon, and of course I will document my adventures on video.

Meanwhile, here are some baby pics.

i-Svv4vV7-L.jpg

i-r5BqT7W-L.jpg

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I love my Gen 3 21SF. I've been waiting for this pistol to arrive, I'm really interested to see how well the new recoil spring system works in terms of taming the muzzle jump. Hopefully it's noticeable.

The good news is that the new Gen 4 has the same grip size as the G21SF before you start swapping out grip inserts. I'm not sure who would want to make a G21's grip bigger, but hey... stranger things have been done I suppose. :D

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I LOVE my G3 21! I should have a new spring for my 17 Gen4 in about 15 days according to the gentlemen that I talked to today on the phone. If it helps then I will love it too. I like the grip a little better on the 4's and think the .40 or .45 would do well with the new spring. I don't think there is really enough recoil in the 9mm to have changed the spring, but maybe the one they are sending me is finally dialed in. I will be curious to hear what you think about it. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom