• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock 21 or 41 for range and home defense.

• Total voters

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Just wondering what you all thought about the new 41 vs 21 for home defense and range time.
    I probably lean toward the 21. I see it as a little better to attach a light to because a tlr1 would exceed the barrel and light would not be obstructed. I've CCd the 21 and its shorter length might make it easier to handle in a close quarters situation. But, I've not yet handled a 41, so I don't know. Wondering your thoughts.

Last edited:

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I voted G21 myself. I'd always pick a 45acp for home defense over a 380. I really like the feel of the G21SF myself, fits my hand very nicely. Furthermore the G21 is already proven whereas the G41 has barely been out yet and there may be some bugs that need to be worked out.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The G42 looks good but until the prices come down I would not go for it, you can have a G21 for a lot less and get any add ons that you may want and still cost less than the G41. The G41 offers little advantage to the average shooter (like me) as the G21 is plenty accurate.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I voted for the G21. I think it's a good compromise without giving up much (and no less capacity) in case you decide to carry it too.

I prefer the Gen3 myself, but that is a bit of personal preference for the G21. :twocents:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Just wondering what you all thought about the new 41 vs 21 for home defense and range time.
    I probably lean toward the 21. I see it as a little better to attach a light to because a tlr1 would exceed the barrel and light would not be obstructed. I've CCd the 21 and its shorter length might make it easier to handle in a close quarters situation. But, I've not yet handled a 41, so I don't know. Wondering your thoughts.

i have both the gen 4 21 and the new 41. As far as your concerns for a tlr1 light being obstructed by the longer slide on the 41, it's not the case. The light is almost even with the end of the barrel. There is ABSOLUTELY no obstruction of the light. I've been practing clearing my house with it and don't find it any more difficult with its longer length.
    Im not going to tell you it's any better than my 21. I carry my 21 on duty everyday and have shot thousands of rounds through it. It's a great gun. So far my initial impressions of the 41 are that I love it. I've only shot it a handful of times in the back yard but it seems damn accurate. After I get some ammo through it and a holster it will replace my 21 as my duty gun. That's how much I like it. You won't be disappointed with either gun.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Glockrock, how does the recoil compare between the two? Any faster to get back on target?

Shooting the two back to back, I enjoy the 41 more. There's not a HUGE difference in recoil between them, but I think the 41 is easier and faster to get back on target. I'm hoping to get to the range and shoot several hundred rounds in the next couple weeks for a better assessment but my initial impression is that the 41 is the better of the two.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Hell, you can scoot on over to the ingo classifieds and pick up a G41 for the low low price of $700 lol

Last edited:

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I put my hands on the 41 for the first time today, feels so much better in your hands than the chunky 21, i liked it so much I bought it! 560 out the door! First glock purchase

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    As of a 4 today PSS still had one 41 for sale. The cost was $629. Had a nice feel to it but I passed for a performance center 1911.

Top Bottom