• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody have one? Like, love, hate it? Indifferent?

I'm looking into them. I like the .45 as a round, and I really like Glocks as a platform. I'm usually an OC kind of guy, so the size isn't really a big factor, otherwise I'd be looking at the 30.

So, opinions?

Thanks, all!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't have a 21SF, but I did just buy a 20SF and am very happy with it. The 21SF might be my next purchase. Or, it might be a G29SF. I've only run around 50 rounds through the 20, but those were enough to have me thinking that there are more Glocks in my future.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Been considering one myself. I like the SF better than any of the other .45ACP Glock frames. Even the gen4.

The 21 SF feels only a little fatter than a 17. To me the standard 21 feels like holding a brick.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody have any ideas for an OC holster for it? I would prefer Level II retention, and I've been shopping around. So far, the Galco Cop 3-slot Pancake is my top choice.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a Blackhawk Serpa CQC retention holster and am really happy with it. It can be set up as a pancake holster or belt holster and carries my Glock 20SF very well. I really like how natural the release feels. It aligns with the extended trigger finger and is in exactly the right place. It's not pretty, but nobody buys a Glock because of looks. The holster I have for the 20 also fits the 21 as well.

norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    I have the G21SF. I went back and forth between it and the regular. I know I made the right decision. I have large hands. I think most all holsters for the 21 will fit the 21SF.

bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    YES! 21SF and CQC SERPA

I've had the 21SF for better than a month now and have fired well over 250 rounds through it. I don't regret the purchase one bit, great piece of equipment.

The Blackhawk CQC Serpa is the way to go for OC. You know your weapon isn't coming out unless you want it to. Words of advice, if you use the paddle, make sure you instal the two black clips hat come in the baggy. I don't know how many people I've seen not install these and have issues with withdrawing from the holster with some speed and the holster wanting to come with a little too much. That is for my liking anyway.

Bottom Line: Great weapon and great OC holster.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Anybody have one? Like, love, hate it? Indifferent?

I'm looking into them. I like the .45 as a round, and I really like Glocks as a platform. I'm usually an OC kind of guy, so the size isn't really a big factor, otherwise I'd be looking at the 30.

So, opinions?

Thanks, all!

I have one and I love it. Sadly, I only bought it because I couldn't find a Gen4 21 at the time. I still have no regrets, I may sell it someday after I get my Gen4 though.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I've had my G21 for a few years now, no idea what generation it is, but even though I have small hands, I've never had a problem with the size of the grip. I would like to kick the tires on a G21SF if I ever see one in a LGS just to see if I can discern a noticeable difference between the two frames.

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    What can I say that hasn't been said already....I love my G21SF. The SF won me over the standard 21.

I carry my G21SF all the time in the winter and most of fall (warmer weather and lighter clothing calls for smaller Glocks: 30, 36, 26 or 27). My G21SF is also my host for my suppressor so it gets all sorts of love. It is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Regarding holsters, I currently use a Blackhawk Serpa; however, truth be told, my Raven kydex is in line for production. They have a long lead time, but for me, these work the best for my other Glocks and me.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with this proven handgun. Enjoy!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I've had my G21 for a few years now, no idea what generation it is, but even though I have small hands, I've never had a problem with the size of the grip. I would like to kick the tires on a G21SF if I ever see one in a LGS just to see if I can discern a noticeable difference between the two frames.

^ this. I have a standard gen 3 g21 and absolutely love it. Even being the large frame, I have medium sized hands and it feels great, even with the hogue grip on it. Never help a 21sf before.

Top Bottom