• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Was over at Cabelas in Hammond the other day scouting out a factory refurb Glock 22 .40. The price was $409.00. It has the inscription of a police department on it. I asked the salesman to disassemble the gun, which he did. When he went to re-assemble the gun he was putting the slide back on and racking the gun. The trigger was supposed to go back to the firing position. It did not, he tried it three more times, no go. Takes it over to another guy who looks at the gun. Comes back and says the gun just needs to be cleaned. I am like really, no thanks. He puts the gun back into the case. I am thinking wow, if someone just comes in and buys that gun without checking it out they may be in for a problem. With that said I am not experienced with Glocks. Can anyone pipe in on this. Ended up buying a new XD .40 for 499.00.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Most of their Glock 22 I have seen over there have been pretty beat. Sure most of them were carried a bunch and were police trade ins but they have been asking 449.99 for them used before the discount which I think is a little much for what they are. If they were closer to $350-$375 then I think they would move a lot more.

Yukon1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I have a glock 22 that I have shot a few thousand times with no problems. However, I clean it evertime after going to the range. I have an issue with a business that places a dirty weapon and one that hasn't been checked before presenting it to a potential customer. Makes you wonder about the other products they are selling...

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I told a buddy of mine about my experience. He was over there yesterday and the gun was not in the case. I would be interested to know if they sold the gun, or decided to pull if out of sale. Hopefully they decided not to sell the gun. Or someone bought who knows what they are doing with Glocks.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I'm our dept's "gun guy", so I had an officer bring me an old IMPD issue (supposedly) Gen 2 Glock 17. Thing looked like it had been carried and shot for years without cleaning. Our officer said he bought it in the mid 90s and never shot it or anything. I tore through it, checked the FP safety and all that jazz... scrubbed the living hell out of it, and finally got it back together. Took me two hours to do. It was a decent looking gen 2 once I was done.

If it was never cleaned and they were shooting junk ammo like a lot of depts give for range use, it wouldn't surprise me if it was in bad shape. As for the trigger not resetting, could be a spring, worn trigger group, or just a really freaking dirty housing. The g17 I cleaned was pretty dirty... just cleaning up the trigger improved the trigger pull. I've seen broken pistols go back into the armory to never be fixed and a new one is issued. We even have a few spare Gen 4 G23s in our inventory and I work at a tiny dept.

If I bought a pistol as is from there, I'd have an armorer go through it or bring one with you to inspect it first.

camodiesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Eskan
    I bought an early Glock 22 AEY years ago and it shot pretty good. Then I took it to the Glock Doc at the Indy gun show and it was really good after that. He went through it and inspected it and cleaned it for me giving me tips along the way on how to keep it running smooth. You might have tried to get the gun really cheap since it wasn't right, chances are you might be able to fix it on the cheap and have a good gun to boot.

Top Bottom