• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpiel2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    i have been thinking about getting a glock 22 gen 4 for a while now i really like the gun a lot just wondering what some opinons were on the gun.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Excellent!

Mine has been flawless so far. Purchased last Labor Day from Plainfield Shooting Supplies, it has just over 4000 rounds downrange as of yesterday morning 06/14/2011. Mostly Federal Champion 180gr. JHP but also WWB 165gr and UMC 180gr. FMJ. I have also fired a little over 100 rounds of my carry ammunition Speer Gold Dot 180gr JHP. I have not experienced a single hiccup of any kind so far. My Gen.4 G22 has been absolutely flawless. Serial # PLSxxx test fired on 04/14/2010. :)

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I bought a G23 (not G22) in January of this year and like it a lot--just like my other three Glocks (21, 27, and 30).

The only disappointment was the magazine release, which I thought would allow a mag to be dropped without repositioning the thumb or having to install an extended release.

The mag. release is so flush with the frame that I had to reposition my thumb to the very front edge to make it work, and there are no extended G4 mag. releases "out there" yet.

So, I made my own--took out the mag. release, built up a dam of little caulking strips, filled it with epoxy, let it cure, filed and sanded to shape, and then a few strokes with a black Sharpie pen matched the color perfectly. Works like a charm!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I own a Gen4 G23 & Gen4 G27. We currently have two Gen4 G23's and two Gen4 G22's in for T&E. Each of the T&E guns have over 2000 rounds through them and they've run very well with a variety of ammunition. I like the smaller frame (without backstraps) and the ambi mag release option. The trigger feels a bit different than the Gen3 pistols but I like it, it feels more crisp to me and once cleaned up it gets really nice.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Its was the first glock I ever shot (pretty sure) and I hated glocks...and i fell in love. It shot great, it was comfortable, I think the trigger had a 3 lb connector, it was short easy pull and felt great. It changed my mind about glocks and I went and bought a g17 later on. So yes as a former glock hater I highly recommend the Gen 4 g22, and any glock for that matter. I have read posts about QC issues with Gen 4's and apparently glock is using MIM extractors now. Take that for what its worth.

Edit: like another Guy said, the magazine release is larger but I didn't like it because I couldnt feel it (I'm a lefty), the Gen 3 mag release is superior imo

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I love mine, done a few FNS with it, done several classes and shot USPSA for most of this year with it. Mine has had a little over 2000 rounds down range with 0 problems.

I've shot everything from my USPSA round, Fed Champ 180gr to the Blazer 155 crap! It easts it all, I even borrowed an extended mag at a training session that had never been in it and it ran flawless.

I can't think of any better or more reliable handgun platform in the .40 that has as little recoil, it's fast back on the sights for follow up shots.

Top Bottom