• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    - the type of bullet (FMJ, hollowpoint, etc.) depends on the stopping power verse coming out the other side of your target. make sure you carry something that is a defense shot in your firearm (im sure there is a thread somewhere around here that can tell you)

I recommend either speer gold dot 180gr or Federal HST 180 grain. :rockwoot: However, you cant really go wrong with todays hollow point technology.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    i stack my mags. hollow points to start then hypershoks. hollow points because they will stop in my target. hypershoks have a chance to come out the other side, but if im still firing that far into my clip, we are in a fire fight and hopefully things on the other side have gotten out of the way.
    and by the time ive gone through 15 rounds. i want back up and a bigger weapon. start walking to the truck to get the AR

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I try to stay away from frangible ammo... that would be a lawyers paradise. Law enforcement spec ammo is all I recommend carrying. Then again, if youre justified in using lethal force... there shouldnt be a problem. :dunno:

hst-180.gif
    (fed hst 180)

i want back up and a bigger firearm. start walking to the truck to get the AR

+1

Last edited:

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Before getting into the different models its probably a safer bet to decipher if a Glock is the right gun for you at all.. and before that it might be beneficial to get some experience with different calibers. As many here will attest to, it would have saaved them some time and money, including myself. Joshua
    I applied for my license online and did the digital fingerprint. got mine in the mail in 6 days.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    I try to stay away from frangible ammo... that would be a lawyers paradise. Law enforcement spec ammo is all I recommend carrying. Then again, if youre justified in using lethal force... there shouldnt be a problem. :dunno:

hst-180.gif
    (fed hst 180)

+1

looks kinda like a flower.kinda pretty, in a deadkly object used to kill someone sort of way

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    As others have said, handle all guns you can before making a choice. I don't like glocks because they don't feel comfortable in my hand. I prefer the XD and XDM as well as my 1911. My neighbor is a sheriffand has to qualify with his glock. He hates them. He shoots them well, but he still doesn't like them. He prefers hit Sig. You have to find out what feels right to you. For SD I like the 40s&w round. It is a little snappy, but if you shoot it enough you can be very accurate. Good luck in your hunt.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'll agree that you should always shoot a pistol before purchasing one (Especially your first) for carry purposes.

As far as the G22 having too much recoil.....:rolleyes:.... that's just about one of the most silly things I've read here recently....

My G22 has less snap to it than a Ruger LCP (.380).... I've literally put over a thousand rounds in one session through my G22.

About the G22 being large... well... I actually see that as a plus... I'm a fairly short but stocky guy with somewhat larger than normal hands and I don't like trying to shoot anything smaller than my G22. My G22s (yes I have two glock 22's) and 1911 are the only pistols I feel really comfortable shooting out of my gaggle of handguns.

I don't consider myself as having issues carrying a G22 concealed but then I'm not one much for skinny jeans and skin tight wifebeaters.... I'm a Carpenter Jeans/Cargo Khaki's kind of guy who ALWAYS wears an undershirt under whatever outer shirt I'm wearing (usually a polo or button down shirt) with my G22 riding IWB between the two... But then again, I'm a large framed guy who's slightly stocky and slightly fluffy :D.

Like some others have said... G22's are popular with LEA's because they are durable, carry a large amount of large caliber ammunition in their magazines and they shoot great right out of the box with no upgrades. Just load, rack, aim, bang.

If you're a little guy or have unusually small hands the G22 might not be for you.

Top Bottom