• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    So I have a second gen... But the more I think about it, I wouldnt mind having the finger grooves on it. Its not in the funds to buy a gen 3 or 4, so the next thought is one of those grips or gloves. What's everyone's thoughts on them? Certain brands and soforth?

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I bought a Pachmayr grip for my G19 Gen 4 for the opposite reason. I wanted to tone down the grooves for my fat fingers. The shape of the grip feels great, except now there is a sticky texture. It's kind of like one of those crazy wall-walkers you could get as kid from the 25c machine.
    @derrickgoins, how does the texture of the Hogue grip feel by comparison?

Pachmayr-GripGloveGlockCompactSZD-2.jpg

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I bought a Pachmayr grip for my G19 Gen 4 for the opposite reason. I wanted to tone down the grooves for my fat fingers. The shape of the grip feels great, except now there is a sticky texture. It's kind of like one of those crazy wall-walkers you could get as kid from the 25c machine.
    @derrickgoins, how does the texture of the Hogue grip feel by comparison?

Pachmayr-GripGloveGlockCompactSZD-2.jpg

My experience has been that the Pachmayr is a little bit more grippy or gritty than the Hogue. May just be my hands or personal preference though. I figured for the price, I'd try both for an extended trial and ended up keeping the Pachmayr.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I had a hogue on my G22 for awhile. I liked it, but after some real hard use it began to rotate on the grip when I would draw. I ended up taking it off and throwing it away.
    One option you have is to upgrade to a gen3 frame. You can buy one off gunbroker or gunsamerica for about $200 (usually less). Swap out the internal parts from your grip to the new one and VOLA you have finger groves and a rail for a light. This is what I would honestly suggest. It won't have the same serial number, but you could probably sell the Gen2 frame either in the classifieds here or on one of the above mentioned sites.

If the money isn't there for that, maybe you could stipple the front of the grip to make finger groves?

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I had a hogue on my G22 for awhile. I liked it, but after some real hard use it began to rotate on the grip when I would draw. I ended up taking it off and throwing it away.
    One option you have is to upgrade to a gen3 frame. You can buy one off gunbroker or gunsamerica for about $200 (usually less). Swap out the internal parts from your grip to the new one and VOLA you have finger groves and a rail for a light. This is what I would honestly suggest. It won't have the same serial number, but you could probably sell the Gen2 frame either in the classifieds here or on one of the above mentioned sites.

If the money isn't there for that, maybe you could stipple the front of the grip to make finger groves?

Thats the thing, the money isnt there. If I was going to get a new frame, I would just sell my Gen 2 and upgrade completely to a 3 or 4...

As far as stippling, thats something I have ZERO knowledge in, and I dont feel comfortable with, as I dont want to destroy my Glock. So it has to be a grip, or stay where Im at. Sucks.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    And thats what Im wanting. Wanting to add them to a firearm that doesnt have them! You got a link to where you got yours from ?

I actually got mine from ebay but you can go directly to pachmayr's website or try amazon and look for someone that has it for free shipping.

Good luck!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have Hogue grips on all of my Glocks and I like really like them. The Hogue grips will give you finger grooves. They also have a palm swell so it will make the grip a tad thicker.

I really like the way the Hogue feels and I mainly like them for the palm swell. They will give your fingers a work out getting them on though! If you go with Hogue, you can use a little bit of Windex and it will help them slide on a little better.

Top Bottom