• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fastmover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Stepford...aka Fishers, IN
    I'm surprised this happened in Fishers. Although from my experience living in Fishers, people tend to be a bit more lazy when it comes to security. Not saying that applies to this situation, however I could imagine more events like this happening in Fishers aka Stepford.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm sorry you lost it. I'm afraid you will never see it again. That gun is probably far away by now. I hate to say it, but some crooks are smart.

I moved to Fishers in 1982 when there were about 5,000 people. Now, I think latest census was 55,000 +. There is no way it can still be the sleepy little town it once was. I know my neighbor hood in Fishers has had all sorts of calls to the police. There are just too many people for everyone to know each other like in the past.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I moved to Fishers in 1982 when there were about 5,000 people. Now, I think latest census was 55,000 +. There is no way it can still be the sleepy little town it once was. I know my neighbor hood in Fishers has had all sorts of calls to the police. There are just too many people for everyone to know each other like in the past.

Not only that, but allowing neighborhoods with three cheaply built homes per acre isn't good either. Fishers is likely having the same issue I see happening in the McCordsville area. Since government has pretty much gotten out of the building of housing projects, they are using the voucher system more and more. I am seeing these cheap vinyl village homes that were built for $110Kish end up in foreclosure. The notices show the prior owners and the Sheriff with the property transferred to Countrywide or some other lender. Then the very next transfer is the lender to Sec'y of HUD. A few weeks later, you will see another transfer where HUD has sold this home to some company like "Affordable living" for $60K. Folks, if these companies are buying these homes for just that much, then Section 8 renting makes a ton of sense. These homes are almost always up to code, since they are fairly new. The montly playments on a 30 year mortgage for $60K is next to nothing, meaning you will likely get your entire mortgage covered with just the HUD voucher check. I think this explains why places like Fishers are seeing more and more serious crime issues. I also noted that at least some apartment complexes on 96th St. have the HUD logo, meaning they are taking Section 8 as well.

Top Bottom