Glock 26 gen 4 slide problem (I NEED HELP!!!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    Has anyone else had a problem with the slide sticking or not going back on after field stripping the gun? I can't get the slide back on unless I push the trigger bar back down. Does this have to do with the new bump on the Trigger bar that they have added? Please help!!! Thanks, Cole

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I believe that's right; my Gen4 G27 is the same way. Coincidentally enough, a day or two before picking up the G27, I had seen a video demonstration of this. So, while different from the previous generations, it wasn't as much of an "undocumented feature."

Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I believe that's right; my Gen4 G27 is the same way. Coincidentally enough, a day or two before picking up the G27, I had seen a video demonstration of this. So, while different from the previous generations, it wasn't as much of an "undocumented feature."

I'm going to switch my trigger bar out with a gen 3 trigger bar and see if it helps at all.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I've got a gen 3 G26, so take that for what it's worth, but the only time I had this problem was when the recoil spring/guide rod assembly weren't seated correctly on the shoulder of the barrel lug.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    you have to pull the trigger in the back position to break it down... id imagine it needs to stay in the same position to re-installed.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I saw a guy on youtube file the dimple down flat, it drops the trigger pul by @ 1+ lb and it smooths out the pull basically the way gen 3 is,

i may do this on our G17 gen 4, just haven't gotten around to it

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    Gen 4

I had the same problem with my Gen4 27. I called Glock who told me they stiffened the trigger bar on Gen 4s which means the trigger must be reset prior to reassembly. They are going to update owner's manual ref this change.

Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    Yeah, I've noticed if I push the trigger bar down it allows the slide to go back on. I wasn't sure if that was the new set up or just a malfunction. Thanks for the replies

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I saw a guy on youtube file the dimple down flat, it drops the trigger pul by @ 1+ lb and it smooths out the pull basically the way gen 3 is,

i may do this on our G17 gen 4, just haven't gotten around to it

I swapped a 17 trigger bar without the bump into my Glock 38 that has a bump and couldn't tell any difference. I would imagine that there is something else in play causing your problem but I would need to look at it to see what is going on.. Glock tells me that the bump is to keep the trigger bar aligned with the center of firing pin safety.

black1705f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    I've been hearing the dimple on the ejector has made lining up the slide critical otherwise it won't go on. I wouldn't think it would be that incredibly hard.

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is it worth upgrading to the Gen4? I have had a gen3 G27 for a couple of years, have had no problems, but you know something new sounds good sometimes.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Is it worth upgrading to the Gen4? I have had a gen3 G27 for a couple of years, have had no problems, but you know something new sounds good sometimes.

Since it's my understanding that Glock will continue to produce the Gen 3 models, I wouldn't necessarily say that selling a Gen3 for a Gen4 would be an "upgrade" as much as another choice. In other words, if you're happy with what you have, then go with it. If there are features in the Gen4 design that you'd rather have, then shop for a new pistol! :D

Hales718

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    I called glock on my Gen 4 and they said to just push down the Trigger Bar. I don't have to do it everytime and it seems to be getting better. I went and put about 200 rds through it at the range and it seems to be breaking in.

Top Bottom