• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I know the 26 is about 100 bucks more and is better all around but i have heard a lot of good reviews about the SR9C and i know it is a lot slimmer in size. I've had the 26 and wasn't crazy about it. I have small hands and i prefer a carry gun that is slimmer in size. If you have any suggestions let me know!

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    My buddy had the SR9C and either he or I was impressed with it. Trigger was horrible but it was accurate, not as accurate as any of the Glocks we were shooting that day though. If I remember right the trigger didn't work unless there was a clip in it. It was new and had 1 FTE out of the 200 rounds we put though it that day.
    IMO in that price range the Taurus PT709 is a better deal.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I'm not trying to be biased with the Glock. But I have handled the SR9C and own a Glock 26, and from handling both guns. I say the Glock feels better in the hand. I also don't care for the aesthetics of the Ruger.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    My buddy had the SR9C and either he or I was impressed with it. Trigger was horrible but it was accurate, not as accurate as any of the Glocks we were shooting that day though. If I remember right the trigger didn't work unless there was a clip in it. It was new and had 1 FTE out of the 200 rounds we put though it that day.
    IMO in that price range the Taurus PT709 is a better deal.

Wow I had a completely different experience with the SR9c. I thought the trigger on my SR9c was better than any Glock I have shot, and maybe the best trigger I have experienced on a striker fired polymer pistol. Mine had over 500 rounds without a single issue.

As for the "trigger didn't work without a clip in it" this isn't a malfunction with the trigger or the pistol.. The SR9c has a magazine disconnect safety that prevents the gun from being fired without a magazine in the gun. Some like it, some don't.

I think the SR9c is one of the best pistols out there for "bang for your buck" value and I would rate it a notch above any Taurus semi-auto out there in terms of quality and reliability.

Just my :twocents:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Wow I had a completely different experience with the SR9c. I thought the trigger on my SR9c was better than any Glock I have shot, and maybe the best trigger I have experienced on a striker fired polymer pistol. Mine had over 500 rounds without a single issue.

As for the "trigger didn't work without a clip in it" this isn't a malfunction with the trigger or the pistol.. The SR9c has a magazine disconnect safety that prevents the gun from being fired without a magazine in the gun. Some like it, some don't.

I think the SR9c is one of the best pistols out there for "bang for your buck" value and I would rate it a notch above any Taurus semi-auto out there in terms of quality and reliability.

Yep, I agree. Besides, clips don't work in guns that require magazines. ;)
    If you don't like the mag disconnect, take it out, that's about a 5 minute job. YMMV

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I carried a G26 for over a year. I liked the feel, the trigger, the look. I found that I was more accurate with the a Taurus 24/7 and I like the external safety on the Taurus, so I sold the Glock.

I tried the Ruger and gave it back to the owner immediately. Nothing about it appealed to me. If I can't get a Taurus, I will go to a Glock or a Springfield. I have no interest in a Ruger, except for my 10/22.

Guess folks are different, so to each his own.

indyjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have an SR9c and have around 800 rounds through it at this point. Out of the 800 rounds I've had exactly 1 failure to fire. That failure was when I running a box of Wolf ammo through it. I would not consider reliability to be an issue with the SR9c at all. I think the trigger is great. It is light, crisp and has a solid reset. I can shoot pretty decent groups with it at 7 yards too. I have limited shooting with Glocks, mostly 9mm (G26 and G19), but I would say the trigger is similar. The Ruger SR9c has saftey features that turn some folks off like the loaded chamber indicator, mag safety and external safety. I'm happy with the SR9c but I don't think you could go wrong with either choice. In fact, you should just buy both!

Vladislas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have fired both guns and I am still not a fan of the way a Glock feels in my hands. The SR9 is a great gun to shot and the one that I feel is the better gun.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I do not care for the grip on the Glock 26. I prefer slim grips, and the Ruger SR9c is at the top of my list for a comfortable grip. If the mag safety/disconnect bothers you, it can be removed easiliy. The XD also has a slimmer grip, but some do not like the grip safety. I haven't tried the M&P with the small grip insert, so that is another option for those looking for small grips.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I am in the same boat as the OP. I do not care for the grip on the Glock 26. I prefer slim grips, and the Ruger SR9c is at the top of my list for a comfortable grip. If the mag safety/disconnect bothers you, it can be removed easiliy. The XD also has a slimmer grip, but some do not like the grip safety. I haven't tried the M&P with the small grip insert, so that is another option for those looking for small grips.
    I shot my brothers M&P the other day and it was pretty nice. Wasn't crazy about the grip but i guess that can be fixed. Oh by the way, BOILER UP!!!

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Get the g26. I have had two of those ruger and i could not get the magazine release to function reliably/consistently but otherwise they are fine....g26 is a little more compact and streamlined in my opinion....whatever you choose between these two will be ok...if you ever sell the ruger expect to take a bath on it ...they only go for like 325 with they shrewd gun buyers out there

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour

I made a mistake, shooting too many guns and getting old makes for a blurry memory.

The trigger on the Ruger wasn't that bad. I was thinking of the Taurus PT740. It had a horrible trigger long and spongy with an unpredictable break. I would still take the Taurus over the Ruger.
    My buddy who owned the Ruger said he wanted very badly to like the Ruger, but at the end of the day, he wasn't impressed and ended up selling it a few weeks later.

I also didn't care for the load indicator on the gun. Made it feel like a beginners gun to me. But hey to each his own. If we all like the same guns there wouldn't be such a variety to chose from and variety is a good thing.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ruger felt terrible to me, Glock is my EDC but I've been used to the Glock platform for a while. The M&P Shields feel pretty damn good though.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Everyone is different and has their own preference. Best bet is to handle as many as you can and if at all possible shoot a few different models. I have shot a few sr9 and sr9c models and they felt pretty good to me. I personally still prefer a Glock over anything else, but I felt the sr9 and sr9c were good shooters.

I notice your location says you are in Ft. Wayne. There is a meetup scheduled at Roush next weekend. You could post up in the thread and see if anyone attending has a sr9c that you could try. We have many great members in the area and we often help each other out. The event is listed in the events forum.
    If you are not able to attend you could always start a thread asking if anyone has one that would be willing to meet at a range and let you try it out.

Best of luck with your decision. :ingo:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I made a mistake, shooting too many guns and getting old makes for a blurry memory.

The trigger on the Ruger wasn't that bad. I was thinking of the Taurus PT740. It had a horrible trigger long and spongy with an unpredictable break. I would still take the Taurus over the Ruger.
    My buddy who owned the Ruger said he wanted very badly to like the Ruger, but at the end of the day, he wasn't impressed and ended up selling it a few weeks later.

I also didn't care for the load indicator on the gun. Made it feel like a beginners gun to me. But hey to each his own. If we all like the same guns there wouldn't be such a variety to chose from and variety is a good thing.

That makes total sense to me, I can't imagine anyone hating the trigger on the SR9c, it's great. I agree with you on the chamber indicator, it is WAY over the top, quite literally. I also don't care for the magazine disconnect safety or the thumb safety. If I have one knock on Ruger it is that they are way to excessive with the safety features on their pistols.

Top Bottom