• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpha0486

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    New Palestine
    I recently traded for a G27 and it came with an ankle holster. While that has been working for me, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an in the waist holster?

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Kydex holster by Hooch Holsters or Raven Concealment. both site advertisers

Here is my Raven concealment holster for my Glock 27 and double mag pouch from Hooch Holsters. Both companies make great products.

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    I used a Comp-tac infidel but I found it to be uncomfortable and pokey. I switched to a Galco Tuck-N-Go I bought for $20 at a gunshow. The holster conceals extremely well and is comfortable and the mouth of the holster remains open when the pistol is removed. I have never used the "tuck in" option but I suppose it is nice having the ability to do so for deep concealment. My only complaint would be reholstering is not the easiest, not terrible but not great as well. I think some silicone spray may help. Holster selection is such a personal experience and is different for everyone. I hope you find one you like on the first try.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    G27 holster

I have a Kholster for my G27 when I IWB carry. When I OWB the G27, which is RARE, i have a cheap Uncle Mikes Nylon holster w/ a snap strap.

I also IWB an XD 40 4" with a Crossbreed Supertuck...

My opinion, the Crossbreed Supertuck is more comfortable than the Kholster.

But the G27 does conceal very nice IWB in the kholster, its leather is just not as soft

If I had to do it again, I would have purchased another crossbreed for the G27... It just feels better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a Galco King Tuk for my 27 and like it alot.

My brother in FL has a CrossBreed Super Tuck for his 26 and swears by it.

illmaniac123

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    East Indianapolis
    Blackhawk makes a nice outside leather holster. Im not a fan of a kydex but fobus and blackhawk make nice ones. You cant go wrong with galco though. Id go with leather as the best option though.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    I've been happy with my High Noon Bare Asset IWB holster. Simple but effective. Thin but durable leather that doesn't add much to the gun for IWB carry. Very easy to holster the weapon and then tuck in the pants. I don't like reholstering with the holster tucked in.

RHurt919

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Speedway, In
    I really like the Clipdraw. Tuck it in my waist and never notice it. I really like that it is not bulky.

For an Ankle Holster I use the Galco Cop Ankle Holster.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Galco triton is a exact rip off of the comptac infidel it is an all kydex holster. Also the galco kingtuk is a mtac ripoff

Your point? Almost all the hybrids out there are ripoffs of someone. Does the product work well and is the price right?

I liked the looks of the MTAC and was trying to decide between that and the CrossBreed and I happened to come across the King Tuk in a store where I could give it a try. I liked it and picked one up.

There must be enough of a difference or someone with a valid patent would be pursuing some licensing or damages $$$.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    Your point? Almost all the hybrids out there are ripoffs of someone. Does the product work well and is the price right?

I liked the looks of the MTAC and was trying to decide between that and the CrossBreed and I happened to come across the King Tuk in a store where I could give it a try. I liked it and picked one up.

There must be enough of a difference or someone with a valid patent would be pursuing some licensing or damages $$$.

My point was to check them out, as i was giving a reference as to what they were like.

Top Bottom