• ...and so much more!
  • Which Sub-Compact 40sw

• Total voters

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    G27 because it has a longer barrel (3.43" vs. 3") = better ballistics.

Ballistics are the whole point. A firearm is simply a bullet launch platform.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am a Glock guy and my EDC is a G27 so Glock for me :D

Since you said your primary is a G22 the G27 is a nice option since it will accept the G22 mags and you should be very familiar with the controls.

Both are great weapons and will serve you well though.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I have an. Xd4O with a 4" barrel. I love my xd! I also like glock. Can't say anything bad about either of them. Just go shoot different ones at a range and see what's comfortable to you.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I voted XD but you would be well served by either. I've owned and carried both, the 27 was a constant companion for about three years and is an excellent gun. It's reliable and between the two rides more comfortably on my hip.

The XD on the other hand is more comfortable in my hand and shoots better for me. In my experience the XD is every bit as reliable as the Glock and the market for accessories while not as large is still very impressive. The gun itself is however a little bigger and thicker than the Glock making it less comfortable to conceal.

FWIW I carry the M&P40c or a Glock 19 most of the time these days.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Glock.

It's the best and a lot of companies are trying to copy them now. And while the M&P is a good gun, the Glock is still superior WHEN SHOT CORRECTLY. Proper grip and proper weapons manipulation are key.

My G27 has thousands of rounds through it without a single malfunction. And I am not the only one who can say that. Glock is tough, reliable and simple.

That's my .02 cents worth.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    Not much of a .40 guy. Especially not in the subcompact format.

I would have to say though, I have owned an XD and a Glock, both in 9mm, and I would have to say, You could not go wrong with either. Both guns should not have any issues with any ammo you put through them... just depends on which one fits your hand better... or if you're into looks, I would say the XD has the glock beat... but not by much.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Glock 27. You can always carry with the SC mag in, and backup mags be full sized.

Also, there are no extraneous safeties.

YMMV but the xd's look like Glock and Browning's illegitimate love child....LOL

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Glock or XD

I carry a Glock 19 and could not be happier.
    I guess the problem I have with the XD line is that before Springfield got ahold of the them (HS200) the were in the $300.00 range, put a Springfield emblem rolled on and **** it's now worth almost $600.00 for the absolute same pistol. Granted they are in various calibers now but still.
    Is a frigging roll mark worth the price difference? To me NO.;)

Terry

Tronix3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Love the Glock, but that said the XD is pretty alright with me as well. I dont like to carry eith erin the summer, I have the LC9 in action right now. LOVE IT for carry and not a bad shooter for less than an inch thick.

INcountryboy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Connersville
    Springfield XD Subcompact because I like being able to get all my fingers on the grip. I went through this same decision 2 years ago. I like both guns but the determining factor was the slightly longer grip on the XD. My XD is my carry gun and I have not had any problems with it.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I'd shoot both as well if you can, I am sure they both feel quite a bit different. I carry a Glock 26 daily and love it, same size as the 27 but 9mm. :twocents:

I like the Glock a lot, but in that small package I REALLY prefer a 9mm. The .40 is not uncontrollable by any means, but I wish I would have shot both more to feel the differences before going with the .40
    The Springfield has more ergonomic appeal, BUT I prefer Glock for the tenifer finish and accessories. Just my .02

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I went through this a couple years ago. Shot each of them and ended up getting the Springfield. It just felt better in my hands. Either way you'll be happy.

Miraclesix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Southern,Indiana
    Glock 27 gen 4 put pearce plus one extensions on the mags. I love the way the SP XD looks but the couple that i held felt sloppy in my hands. I bought a glock and love it. Recoil is hardly there, I thought it would be horrible with such a small gun. I paid 539. out the door at Orions.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    XD

I've owned a GLOCK 26 and an XD 9mm subcompact, so forgive the caliber discrepency. To me, the XD was a superior weapon in the SC platform for several reasons.

1. More comfortable to shoot and hold.
    This was the biggest thing. The GLOCK SCs were not comfortale because the angle of their grip is somewhat extreme and when the grip gets chopped down you're left with a grip that's angled back into your palm that becomes very uncomfortable to hold, much less shoot. Furthermore, a Pearce +0 grip extension on the GLOCK SC leaves a small gap between the magazine well and mag baseplate. Every time I shot that thing my pinky finger was pinched in that gap. Other shooters exterienced this same "pinch." No such pinch with an XD. Much more comfortable grip, more natural.

2. Superior magazines.
    Totally a matter of taste, but those XD mags sure did drop free! They nearly shot out of the mag well.

3. Design.
    Overall, the XD SC was better designed weapon, and I feel the differences between the two were most apparent in the SC sizes. The XD felt like a gun that was mean to be small and still comfortable to shoot. The GLOCK felt like a combat pistol that had simply been chopped down with no thought given to shooter comfort. I love my GLOCK 19, but I HATED that G26. Sold it. I wish I still had the XD SC (sold it to my Dad) because it was a great gun! Ambi mag release, easy to read LCI, cocking indicator, nice trigger (I'm used to a GLOCK trigger, but it sure does feel like a toy) and comfortable to shoot.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have an XD sc 9 with a houge slip on grip (have gorilla hands) and love it, harder to shoot with the sc mag but that I also true for me with the baby glock in 9mm.

I have nothing bad to say about either but do feel that the XD is easier to control and shoot but again I have big hands.

Top Bottom