• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I really like my LCP, front pocket, back pocket, coat pocket. Just gotta remember which one its in, can't feel it.:D
    Wouldn't have it as my only, but definatly has its place.
    I have found several occasions where it would be the LCP or nothing, Sure feel better with the LCP than my CRKT.

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The G29/30 is a strange one for me. THe only hoslter that I have found to be both comfortable and usable to conceal that particular gun is the factory glock cheapie. Worked AWESOME. But it was a bit difficult to conceal comfortably in the summer. It is a chunky piece. The LCP can fit almost anywhere, and I mean ANYWHERE! :D

As for power comparison, totally different worlds. But both will do the job if trained correctly and placed appropriately.

For everyday carry, LCP all the way, especially if loaded with a decent ammo and I had enough trigger time/drawing/movement and shot placement time with it. THe GLock 29 would be a good HD gun, but not my idea of an everyday carry piece (I had the 30).

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a 29sf and an LCP, but comparing the two really doesn't make any sense. The LCP is a mouse gun; it's tiny, small caliber, and easily concealed. The 29 is a sub-compact, large caliber and consequently still relatively large handgun.

The LCP is definitely easier to carry, but the .380 is a little lacking, especially if you start comparing it to a 10mm.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I would carry both of them. I carry the LCP for a backup or a primary when the situation dictates it. The problem with this, is that I could see myself carrying the LCP to back up the Glock, but never the other way around. If it's a matter of size, LCP.....firepower...Glock...I suppose it's pretty obvious.:D

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    groovatron has the right idea.

The 10mm will have about 400 ft-lbs of energy out of the muzzle. The .380 will have about half that, at best. And the differential doesn't get any better as the bullets move away from the muzzle.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Similar comparison to a V-8 Mustang and a Toyota Prius. Have you actually held these guns? Radically different in terms of size. If you feel like you can comfortably carry it all year round, the G29 hands down. I'm 6'3" and couldn't comfortably carry a G29 365.

The LCP/P3AT is a *fantastic* deep-cover or BUG. The G29 is one of the handful of pistols that accommodate the ultra-potent 10mm.

Sneak up behind 'em with an icepick or charge 'em with a machete. Same type of comparison.

Top Bottom