• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like my G30 enough that I bought a second as a backup. When I first got it, it took a bit to warm up to it, but it's now my favorite carry gun. They are easy to shoot, accurate, reliable and give you 11 rounds of .45 in an easily concealable package. It just takes a bit to get used to a gun that's almost as wide as it is long :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I used to carry one quite some time back, but that was before I found the holster setup I like and a good belt. There were no concerns with the pistol. If I had gotten my holster preferences worked out sooner, I might still have the 30.

That said, there is some competition in the striker fired "compact" 45 market these days, so may want to rent a few before committing, but I did like mine when I had it (I had the 30 and a 21). Ability to have interchangeable mags with the larger 21 is nice, along with holster selection.

Tbowman06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2018
    Connersville
    I’m having trouble finding a friend that has one and I’ve called a couple ranges around me to see if they had one to rent and no luck there either

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This is my trio of .45 Glocks. The G21 is the nightstand gun, but either of the G30s can do nightstand duty quite well too. In fact, there are nights when I'm just too lazy to get the G21 out of the safe and I just put the TLR-1 on the carry G30, slip in a G21 mag and call it done.

As WebSnyper says, there are others in the compact .45 game now days, but I'm happy enough with what I have to make looking for alternatives an unneeded expense

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have a 30s. Don’t like it, need to get rid of it, but it is always hard to get around to selling off a gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a 30s. Don’t like it, need to get rid of it, but it is always hard to get around to selling off a gun.

Expat, maybe give it a try for a bit longer. When I first got mine, I thought it was great for a month and then spent the next year thinking I needed to move it. Then, I decided to give it another shot and ordered good leather for it. It's become my favorite carry gun now and has dominated the carry routine since back in November. I added a second one in December and brought both up to the same tune level. With good leather, it carries just as nicely as any other of my guns and better than some. The trigger tune that I like actually raised the pull just a hair but gives a nice smooth pull with a firm wall and crisp break (crisp for a Glock that is).

Having 10+1 rounds of .45 in a compact package that's easy to shoot makes for a great EDC.

Top Bottom